Weighted Blankets

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for WED/RLS (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Debrasuzan

Weighted Blankets

Postby Debrasuzan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:49 pm

It has been awhile since I have been active on the RLS Discussion Board, but I am back. Recently I have been asked if a weighted blanket would help with night time RLS/PLMD. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this subject?

badnights

Re: Weighted Blankets

Postby badnights » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:52 pm

I have never committed the funds to buying one to find out, but I admit I have often wondered. I think sometimes it might help and sometimes it might drive me mad.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Postby Polar Bear » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:02 am

I haven't seen enough to convince me that the high cost of a good weighted blanket was worth taking a chance.
Betty
http://www.willis-ekbom.org/about-rls-wed/publications
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Postby Yankiwi » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:17 am

I think a weighted blanket would make my legs worse, as anything confining does.

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:53 pm

Yankiwi wrote:I think a weighted blanket would make my legs worse, as anything confining does.

I tend to agree. I don't even like the feel of fabric on my skin.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Return to “Physical Treatments”