Power Plate

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Yankiwi

Re: Power Plate

Postby Yankiwi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:03 pm

I totally agree about information presented only in videos when it would be so much faster to read. I think just making videos is a lazy way to present information, it's more work to think and write it out clearly.

badnights

Postby badnights » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:01 am

My goodness, I've often wondered if I'm in a minority, or if web designers just don't do their homework on how people think. I still don't know, of course - but I'm happy to see there's at least a few of us!
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:28 pm

I took courses on this when I earned my MA in Communication. Video IS a great method for SOME things. Just not all. I still have a chart that I received from a professor that explains when to pick which medium.

But, it is not often about using the best medium for the task, it is about perception of what the consumer wants. Some people prefer video because they like the medium - but they do not learn better or faster because of it. And those creating it often like it because it seems easier to do (of course, it often is crappy video in terms of accomplishing its objectives). I have had clients who demand I create something in video because their audience will not read. Or because they perceive it as a "cool" form of communication. WHAT????? Doesn't matter if it is the best form. So, they pander. And, the rest of us suffer. Of course, I have created video that is perfect for its purpose - such as when modeling sales behavior.

The latest craze is to have all communication - no matter the purpose - be created to work on a smart phone. Yeesh...do not get me started.

Can you tell this is a hot button of mine, lol?????
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Return to “Physical Treatments”