Has anyone tried OSKA Pulse?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
BookmanJoe

Has anyone tried OSKA Pulse?

Post by BookmanJoe »

It claims to be FDA approved. I would love to hear from folks who have tried it. It is against the rules to include a website, so If you don't know what it is, you will have to google it.

thanks in advance
joe

stjohnh

Re: Has anyone tried OSKA Pulse?

Post by stjohnh »

Hi Joe,
Welcome to the RLS community. You will find lots of help, understanding, and compassionate people here. Tell us a little about your RLS experience and maybe we can help even more.

Website https://www.oskawellness.com/

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Electromagnetic-Stiffness-Inflammation-30-Minute/dp/B07MSFXLGW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2632JZM9LG2W4&keywords=oska+pulse&qid=1550850723&s=gateway&sprefix=oska%2Caps%2C271&sr=8-3

To put links in your post use the "Full Editor" and click on the URL box above the message window.
Blessings,
Holland

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I haven't heard of the Oska Pulse. When I look at the price, I'd like to hear first from someone who felt it provided benefit for RLS.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

BookmanJoe

Post by BookmanJoe »

Thank you Polar Bear. I do see it gets a lot of positive reviews. When I researched other brands that use this technology, OSKA is cheaper by far than the rest. Some of them are over $1500. I see they have a 30-day trial. I would love to find something besides drugs or supplements.

thanks,
Joe

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

BookmanJoe wrote:... I would love to find something besides drugs or supplements.

thanks,
Joe

Joe, RLS is caused by Brain Iron Deficiency. Replacement of brain iron is the most natural treatment available. Unfortunately, most people cannot get their blood iron level up enough with oral iron to improve the brain iron. The treatment that has the most natural effects that is currently available is Intravenous Iron.
Blessings,
Holland

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

BookmanJoe wrote:It claims to be FDA approved. I would love to hear from folks who have tried it. It is against the rules to include a website, so If you don't know what it is, you will have to google it.

thanks in advance
joe

Joe - do you consider your RLS to be painful? Mine is not - it is electrical, annoying, and even anxiety provoking, but not painful. I always feel at a loss when people have painful RLS as I don't really know what that is like.

Their site is SO annoying with the repeated pleas to like it and buy it, that I wanted to leave it and FAST! Mostly, I couldn't find anything to prove their claims. All they proved is that it reduced pain. So does my $20 TENS unit. If it were me, I'd try a TENS unit first. One of our regular members uses one.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sleepdancer2

Post by sleepdancer2 »

Ditto on the TENS Unit. It has been my sole source of treatment for my legs for about 7 years now. I would recommend using it consistently before bedtime over a period of time. The effect seemed to me to be a bit cummulative and more effective over time. I use mine as was prescribed for low back pain, with the electrodes on my lower back (buttocks). I've read where some say to put them actually on your legs. I tried many locations when I was trying to see if it could work for me, but had no success with any placement other than mentioned above. I don't need help with RLS in the arms or other areas of the body. My legs are my main sleep problem, so the TENS Unit was helpful to me.
My Augmentation Sleep Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7WA_5c73c

BookmanJoe

Post by BookmanJoe »

I've tried my TENS unit for it and have not had any relief. I went ahead and ordered the OSKA. I will report back with my results. It should arrive today or tomorrow.

Thanks

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

One of the problems - seems to me - is that placement of the electrodes is likely key, as well as the settings. But, since no one studies it, who knows?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.