What do you think CAUSED yoiur RLS?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]

Post by Guest »

I have been on anti-depressants for over 10 years. There is a real need for them, I have suffered with panic attacks and social anxiety for a long time. Mostly due to a childhood experience. In the last 2 years, since being changed to celexa, my anxiety has improved so much so that I am finally comfortable in going out to run my own errands. I haven't had an attack in nearly 2 years. I'd like to keep it that way lol.

It's interesting to note however that this increased knee/ankle/leg ache/twitch/pain has increased in the last 2 years, moreso in the last several months. The celexa dosage had been increased recently. I had seen a psychologist who specilized in anti-depressants specifically to get on the *right* medication, finally. I'd not like to repeat the experience to try yet another one.

The only time I've tried Wellbutrin (zyban) is when I quit smoking last april. I've tried amitryptiline before as well, with no negative results, but nothing improved either. So I guess I won't go buy that prescription after all. *sigh*

LadyLarke

Post by LadyLarke »

Ack, didn't log in to post. The above guest post is mine.
Warm Regards,
Shannon