No Dairy Products, I almost feel cured!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
lizzzrd

No Dairy Products, I almost feel cured!

Post by lizzzrd »

I have suffered from RLS for 25 years, leftover from my first pregnancy. I've been thru the frustration of doctors not really taking it seriously. At one time, I found that taking Potassium supplements in the evening seemed to help, even have gone as far as to keep bananas on my nightstand when I was too tired to get outta bed to get to the kitchen! I have recently found that not consuming dairy products -- milk in a late-night bowl of cereal, cheese on pizza, pudding, ice cream -- has had a DRAMATIC effect, I rarely have episodes anymore. I don't know if this has any medical credibility, but when I was up at 2 & 3 in the morning, I would listen to ANYTHING that I thought might help. Maybe it's lactic acid, maybe it's an allergy, I find if I consume dairy products earlier in the day, I still am relatively symptom-free. If anyone has any similar experience, I'd be interested in knowing.
Thank you, and Sweet Sleep!
Lizzzrd

Kris

Post by Kris »

I don't eat dairy products at all, never have. Still have monster RLS. It might be an allergy for you or something, and the RLS is a symptom?