Use of a Vibro Trainer

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Annbenedet

Use of a Vibro Trainer

Post by Annbenedet »

Hello

I am new to this site. I want to share with other rls sufferes my experience with using a vibro trainer to stop my rls in its tracks.

I do not have a bad case of rls. Some nights no trouble at all, but other nights I think, oh no here we go, the restlessness starts and every time I fall into a restful sleep the legs start. It wakes me from my lovely slumber every minute on and off for a couple of hours. I have tried in vain to work out what causes it some nights but not others. Diet, my days exercise, stress level, constipation? Nothings seems to coincide.

I have now discovered that if I stand on my Vibro Trainer at high speed for only 2 minutes then the rls does not return that night. Each time I have done this I have been amazed that it works. I keep expecting it not to work, but it does - every time !!

Have I found an answer ?!?

Kind regards to other sufferers

ANN

stjohnh

Re: Use of a Vibro Trainer

Post by stjohnh »

Hi Ann, welcome to the RLS community. I do have a question. Do you have a very strong urge to move your legs while you are awake or does it primarily wake you up after you go to sleep?

The reason I ask is because your initial description sounds a little bit more like PLMS, periodic leg movements of sleep, than RLS.

Certainly many people have both and you could have both. Treatments are a little different so it's important to know, especially if you have only PLMS and not RLS
Blessings,
Holland

srgraves01

Post by srgraves01 »

This sounds a lot like the power plate machine that I described a few months ago. The difference is that I was using the machine to massage my tight muscles -- while you are standing on it to exercise your leg muscles. Interesting that it would work this way for you. How long have you had RLS? Could you describe how severe your RLS is? Is it mild, moderate, or severe?

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

It sounds like it might work on a similar principle to the relaxis pad - counter-stimulation.