Massager

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Oozz

Re: Massager

Post by Oozz »

ViewsAskew wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:35 am
Getting 6 hours - is that good for you?
It’s about average, as it’s broken into two chunks. I still have to wake up due to RLS, but the initial onset is delayed . 1-4, up to about 5-6, then 5/6-??. The quality is much strong than with Medications.

I’m all of medications right now, but I get about 7 hours with medications. However, the quality is markedly lower. I need about 9-10 hours of medicated sleep to feel refreshed compared to 6 hours of non medicated sleep.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oozz wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:44 pm
ViewsAskew wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:35 am
Getting 6 hours - is that good for you?
It’s about average, as it’s broken into two chunks. I still have to wake up due to RLS, but the initial onset is delayed . 1-4, up to about 5-6, then 5/6-??. The quality is much strong than with Medications.

I’m all of medications right now, but I get about 7 hours with medications. However, the quality is markedly lower. I need about 9-10 hours of medicated sleep to feel refreshed compared to 6 hours of non medicated sleep.
Interesting. I don't think I've had a lot of refreshing sleep medicated OR nonmedicated for my entire life. Nonmedicated, the PLMS runs havoc and I am sooooo tired during the day. Medicated, depending on the medications, I have other issues. There is a specific combo that is best - a small amount of this, a bit of that, etc - but it's extremely hard to maintain (the whole augmentation issue).

Hope you can stay in that place that works best for you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Oozz

Post by Oozz »

Like all things, this turned out to be a dud in the long run. It’s something I use in my toolkit to help manage break through symptoms.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Do you mean, you're no longer using it every night because it wasn't actually controlling the symptoms like you thought it was - or wasn't actually giving you better sleep? - but it is still good for something (since you're still using it for break-thru)?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Oozz

Post by Oozz »

It was not able to control symptoms over the long-term. I provided temporary relief, but it isn’t sufficient enough to fall back asleep for very long. 20-30 minutes max

If I have breakthrough symptoms, I can use it for short-term relief until the additional medication is needed. This rarely happens.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I get it. Thank you.
Too bad.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oozz wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 am
It was not able to control symptoms over the long-term. I provided temporary relief, but it isn’t sufficient enough to fall back asleep for very long. 20-30 minutes max

If I have breakthrough symptoms, I can use it for short-term relief until the additional medication is needed. This rarely happens.
Bummer.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.