Craniosacral therapy

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
RLS Ouch

Craniosacral therapy

Post by RLS Ouch »

Hi,

This seemed to help. I just wanted to share it with my friends on the message board. Keeping my fingers crossed we all get the help we need to get a good nights sleep.

Polar Bear

Re: Craniosacral therapy

Post by Polar Bear »

Did you find out just by chance that this helped or had you learned about it. Was it one session or a series of treatments? Will you continue with this therapy for continued benefit.

Any relief from any source is to be appreciated and we are happy that you have found this.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I agree, if it helped, go for it but in my opinion cranial sacral therapy is complete quackery. My husband had two or three sessions and the therapist did things like run her hands slowly from head to toe about four inches above his body saying things like "I can sense that your liver is hot". Cliff thought he was going to get head and neck massages for headaches, which he did get very briefly the first time. He had to sign a contract for the next sessions which were all mumbo jumbo and no work at all on his head or neck. She wanted him to sign up for more sessions and even phoned him at home.
Check out "Why Cranial Therapy Is Silly" by Stephen Barrett, M.D. on Quackwatch.

RLS Ouch

Post by RLS Ouch »

Well sometimes it’s good to get outside of the world of biology, physics, and chemistry.