Sequential compression device/air leg massager

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for WED/RLS (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Taco Bill

Sequential compression device/air leg massager

Postby Taco Bill » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:28 am

I bought a pair of leg massagers on Amazon about a month ago. I think they are definitely worth it. I was able to take a nap using them, which is something I haven't be able to do for years without medication. However, when it's really bad they kind of make it worse, especially if I use the highest setting. I've been experimenting with the settings and how long I use them. I read about one study where people had overall positive results. It's not a panacea, but definitely a nice tool to have in the box. I would like to try a medical grade one.

ViewsAskew

Re: Sequential compression device/air leg massager

Postby ViewsAskew » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:18 am

Taco Bill wrote:I bought a pair of leg massagers on Amazon about a month ago. I think they are definitely worth it. I was able to take a nap using them, which is something I haven't be able to do for years without medication. However, when it's really bad they kind of make it worse, especially if I use the highest setting. I've been experimenting with the settings and how long I use them. I read about one study where people had overall positive results. It's not a panacea, but definitely a nice tool to have in the box. I would like to try a medical grade one.

Glad to hear!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Return to “Physical Treatments”