Sequential compression device/air leg massager

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Taco Bill

Re: Sequential compression device/air leg massager

Post by Taco Bill »

Sorry for the delay. Mine are called Fit King leg air massager. They are boots that wrap around your feet and calves. They are currently $75 on Amazon. I only ordered one pair but for some reason they sent me two and I totally forgot to send the extra pair back. They are still in the box and have been gathering dust in my closet. I'd be happy to give them away and ship them to any fellow sufferer who feels they may benefit from them. If nothing else they are relaxing. Unfortunately they only helped me fall asleep once during the afternoon but my RLS is severe and refractory. Perhaps they might help someone with a milder case.

mlarq

Post by mlarq »

I have been trying to find out if leg compressors could help and just found this discussion board. I, too, have very severe RLS and am looking for ANY help. How much can I pay you for these?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

mlarq wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:23 pm
I have been trying to find out if leg compressors could help and just found this discussion board. I, too, have very severe RLS and am looking for ANY help. How much can I pay you for these?
Hello and welcome, mlarq. There are places you can order them. Do you need help identifying where to buy them?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rls43

Post by rls43 »

I learned from a recent virtual RLS support group meeting :"Restiffic"foot wrap $200 & requires your doctor's prescription. Go online (google the product name & then they will send you the form for your MD to fill out..Hope this helps

badnights

Post by badnights »

mlarq wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:23 pm
See Taco Bill's post in this Topic from March 29. Once you've been a member for 3 days, you can send private messages, so you should be able to "pm" (private-message) him now.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

RLKamm

Post by RLKamm »

I am looking for an air compressor type treatment that would compress the fly calf and foot. Anyone have experience with a good one? And how would you compare it to rustic? Thanks, Ron

badnights

Post by badnights »

RLKamm wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 pm
I am looking for an air compressor type treatment that would compress the fly calf and foot. Anyone have experience with a good one? And how would you compare it to rustic? Thanks, Ron
What do you mean by "rustic"?
I have a pair of Manamed PlasmaFlow cuffs which I got on ebay for - I forget - well under 100$. They don't cover the foot. They're 10 inches high. Designed for the calf. I find they work sometimes to control the symptoms - if the symptoms are mild, say. On bad nights, I might wear them all night long. They have a mild positive effect, although every now and then if I think about it the wrong way, I want to rip them off. I want them to squeeze harder, and get on with it quicker after releasing pressure. They're designed for preventing blood clots, not for WED/RLS.

I also have an infrared light I almost never use, but if there were a hands-free design, I might use it more because I think it helps a bit.

I also have a "chi vitalizer" machine which does nothing for the WED/RLS (but is kind of interesting).
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

RLKamm

Post by RLKamm »

Thanks for the reply. I would need it for the foot, calf, and thigh. Rustic was a miss print. I meant Restific . Thanks

badnights

Post by badnights »

Ah ha! Sorry I didn't figure that out :)
Try typing restiffic (two Fs) in the Search bar at top right. A number of people here have tried it, and I don't recall anyone saying it works well, but check the comments yourself to be sure. search.php?keywords=restiffic

RLKamm

Post by RLKamm »

Restific Works sometimes but not others. I can’t say I recommend it for the price. I’m looking for leg compressors that compress the calf more than 50 mm HG. Anyone know of anything that works? Thanks, Ron

badnights

Post by badnights »

These are adjustable between 20 and 80 mm Hg.
https://www.manamed.com/products/vascul ... y/manaflow