Earthing for RLS?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Dr. David Cox

Earthing for RLS?

Post by Dr. David Cox »

One of my patients with RLS has asked about "Earthing", ameans of gounding yourself to the earth while sleeping. Has anyone heard about this or tried it for RLS?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Someone posted about it - a bed maybe?. His mother or aunt got a bed and she loved it. No one else has talked about it, though, to my knowledge.

Ann

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Just to clarify your quesion Dr Cox, is your patient referring to "Grounding/Earthing Out" in the spiritual/meditative sense?

If so, please reply and I'll give you some more information.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

David Cox

"Earthing"

Post by David Cox »

Thank you for your reply. In answer to your question - NO. This patient is referring to a literal grounding to the earth, via a conductive mattress pad which is grounded to the earth via a wire attached to a steel spike driven into the gound.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

David, here is a link to the post that was made a couple of months ago:

http://www.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=844

It was definitely about a bed being grounded. But it is the only one I've heard of and the person hasn't been back to give another update. Could be this is the same person you know!

Ann