Near Infrared Light Treatment is helping me

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
ellenis

Near Infrared Light Treatment is helping me

Post by ellenis »

This is a follow up to a posts I made a couple of months ago. Since early December, I've been using one of he Platinum LED Therapy LIghts - specifically the Bio 300 Combo Red/NIR. At first I was skeptical, but after two weeks of treatment (every other day for 15 minutes) I began to see a significant improvement in my symptoms. I've now plateaued, but I remain at a level that is annoying but bearable My symptoms may be rather unusual - the urge to move is only in my feet, and accompanied by an intense burning sensations, regardless of the temperature in the room. While I still sometimes have the urge to move my feet, I can deal with it by moving them slowly and relatively peacefully. Having the problem in such a localized area may make it easier to focus the light beam where it's needed. I simply sit on the sofa with my bare feet facing the light and meditate or listen to music while the machine does its job.

The machine isn't cheap. It cost $329.00 which is a big investment to make for something so bizarre sounding. But the company offers a 60 day return policy - so I felt the risk was worth taking.

ViewsAskew

Re: Near Infrared Light Treatment is helping me

Post by ViewsAskew »

That is great news. I read the one study - sounded promising.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I checked out the unit you have and it's way more powerful and covers a bigger area than my little handheld. I sometimes noticed a small difference with my little unit, so maybe I'd notice a real difference with something like yours. Maybe I will upgrade.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Tim S.

Post by Tim S. »

I have read that burning in the feet can be caused by vitamin B5 deficency. I know that that can cause RLS too.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/me ... t-syndrome

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

When I hear of burning feet I straightaway think of neuropathy.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation