RLS while laying down? Then Sleep On An Incline

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
IThinkImInTorture

RLS while laying down? Then Sleep On An Incline

Post by IThinkImInTorture »

Last night I experimented: If RLS bothers me lying down then what happens if I sleep upright? I slept on the corner of the couch where the head is above the heart, heart above the waist, waist above the legs and legs above the feet, possibly a 20 degree incline. I fell asleep sleeping uninterrupted until morning. I never got up to go to the bathroom and awoke rested and ready to start my day. Eureka! I’ll sleep this way from now on. I wonder why RLS is kept at bay sleep on an incline?

Polar Bear

Re: RLS while laying down? Then Sleep On An Incline

Post by Polar Bear »

In happy you've found something that works for you. It will be interesting to see if this lasts, I hope it does.
Please do keep us updated.I

Not everything works for everyone. For example, consider how many of us have problems being seated.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

QyX

Post by QyX »

I am not surprised that this is working for you.

Sometimes I kind of sit on my bed with the laptop and just browse the forum like I do right now. I often notice that while I do this I tend to have more minor symptoms then compared to sitting on couch or in a chair.

tagalongbuddy

Post by tagalongbuddy »

Each day is different, however when I go into a reaction I cannot sit down or lie down, instead I have to stand or walk until the reaction subsides

IThinkImInTorture

Post by IThinkImInTorture »

Night two reveals RLS symptoms until I take my two Aleve so incline isn’t as effective as thought.