Nectar bed helps sleep

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Debrasuzan

Nectar bed helps sleep

Post by Debrasuzan »

My husband read the Nectar bed is supposed to help with RLS. It is a type of foam mattress and can be used with ad adjustable bed frame. We bought one and it does seem to help. Having my legs elevated a little bit makes it less likely for me to flop like a fish all night long. In the past sleeping in a recliner was the only way I could get a decent night's sleep. It was like I was in a cocoon (or swaddled like a baby) and could not toss and turn so stayed in one spot and was able to sleep better than in a bed. Now my nectar mattress helps!

Stainless

Re: Nectar bed helps sleep

Post by Stainless »

We changed to Tempurpedic about a decade ago. Biggest advantage was my wife was able to live with my increasing PLMS. An improvement in both of our comfort but not RLS symptoms.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We also changed to a memory foam mattress, much better.

There have been other members who have commented on the benefits of adjusting their bed in various ways.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

XenMan

Post by XenMan »

I heard of a Neurologist here in Oz that recommends a new bed for RLS, type unknown by me. My response to this 3rd hand information was very negative without going into details, as I have slept on numerous beds and haven't noticed a difference.

But I stand corrected, even if anecdotally. Mechanism? Maybe it is a physical treatment that gives more feedback to the brain similar to how moving your leg, compression or heat/cold stops symptoms. It is a win and more sleep for someone, so a big 'well done'.

This is one of those 'mattress in a box' types. I haven't slept on one, just a quick lie down, and it was very comfortable. I went down the Google rabbit hole to try and find some science, but there was nothing other than marketing and extreme creativity.