Healy Device

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
2BassetMom

Healy Device

Post by 2BassetMom »

Hi RLS Friends, I have been absent for quite awhile but I am back and so happy to be here. I had a conversation with a person whom I could call a friend but not close. she called me all excited about a treatment from Germany called the Healy Device. she was sure this would be the cure for my restless legs. Where have we heard that before? I felt she was pressuring me far too much so I told her that this was a progressive neurological syndrome and topicals usually don't work. Has anyone come across this device before. I just felt it was presented in a very high pressure manner.

badnights

Re: Healy Device

Post by badnights »

Hi 2bassett mom, Nice to "see" you again :). Your acquaintance must think she's found the cure. Sigh.

The device seems familiar so I thought I must have looked it up for someone else before, but it doesn't come up in a search of the board. Probably I looked up something similar. There are a lot of "energy" devices that sound the same, purporting to be scientific but showing, often in the same sentence, how unscientific they are:
"Through the science of quantum physics the Healy can measure your individual frequency via a quantum sensor – then deliver back to you customised and specific frequencies to realign your cellular, emotional and/or energy centres back into bioenergetic balance."
People don't have an individual frequency - we are emitting electromagnetic radiation at numerous different frequencies from different parts of our bodies at different times of day. Measuring frequencies is done without resorting to quantum physics, and was done long before people even knew about quantum physics. There is no such thing in the human body as an emotional center or an energy center; there is a cellular center (the cell nucleus) and cellular energy centers (the mitochondria - sub-microscopic organelles within every cell). What is bioenergetic balance? It sounds great, but it's not a real thing. So, in summary, I cannot understand that sentence. It doesn't make sense.

I haven't been able to find out what the device does, beyond "apply frequencies" to your body (presumably it sends electrical currents into the body, but how deep, thru what kind of electrodes, etc). Despite all that, I'm not saying the device can't do anything good for us. I don't know. Maybe it's good. I would even try it, if I didn't have to go to any trouble to get a free loaner.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

Thanks badnights! I appreciate the speedy answer. My friend was really putting on the pressure even to the point of making an appointment for me. I felt as though I was being hounded by an over enthusiastic car salesman. No put down on car salespeople, I known some very helpful ones:)The sentence you quoted didn't make a lot of sense to me either.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hey! Glad to have you back!

I had a friend who tried to get me to use a device she had - she wasn't at all pushy, though, and really believed in it, so it wasn't high pressure at all. But, similar in that she was sure that if I only used it every day that I'd be all better.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I smelled a rat with this device but I am naturally skeptical of miracle cures, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is (especially with RLS.)

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

While I was working, I would frequently come across sales literature for devices that would often sound too good to be true. One of the telling signs would be when the literature would claim to use lofty sounding scientific principles, such as quantum mechanics or magnetohydrodynamics. These were dead giveaways that they were simply trying to impress with scientific fields that the customer wasn't likely to understand. Unfortunately for them, my education did touch on these principles, which made it obvious that the device was junk.

A genuine device manufacturer will try to explain things in a way so that the customer can understand. One that tries to impress by using big words or impressive sounding science is a dead giveaway of a scam.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

2BassetMom

Post by 2BassetMom »

This was my impression also. Another sign was that the gal my friend had me listen to as she gave her testimony lumped RLS in with a myriad of other aches and pains. Red flag! she claimed to have RLS at one time and it went completely away with just a few treatments. Aargh! I'm used to people sharing the soap under the sheet stories but this is much more costly. When people share what they believe to be the absolute cure all and I don't have time to explain I just say thank you for sharing and smile.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I feel that a Cure All Cures Nothing.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

My wife bought a Haely device. Top of the line that apparently allows changing frequency. I don’t put much stock in cure all devices but my wife seeks them out. She is treating arthritis and after a few weeks says she thinks it’s doing something. She put it on my legs one evening and I think set it to high frequency. It felt like pushing a pin in my thigh.

Anyone have any more recent knowledge of using this device for RLS or anything?