Sleeping on the floor vs. In bed

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
srgraves01

Sleeping on the floor vs. In bed

Post by srgraves01 »

One thing I seem to have found out is that when my symptoms are not in good control with meds that I am able to sleep better on the floor than in bed. I first notuced this when I would be foam rolling in the middle of the night and then I would later wake up, realizing that I had fallen asleep while foam rolling. Likewise I would go to bed and be jerking in bed. So I get up and lay down on the floor and I can sleep some.

Steve

Yankiwi

Re: Sleeping on the floor vs. In bed

Post by Yankiwi »

Anything that works but I love my bed even though I'm up and down all night.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Now, that's one thing I haven't tried.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I often used to sleep on the couch and had better luck there. I thought it was because of how I could manipulate the position of my legs, stretching them by hooking them over the back of the couch, of bending them to keep a stretch in them.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

srgraves01

Post by srgraves01 »

I usually put a couple of towels down and a pillow. I think it may be because it is a hard surface.

Steve

badnights

Post by badnights »

I always thought I fell asleep on the floor better because I didn't think about it, I didn't try to position myself, I just passed out. I do it in bed too, upside down or sideways, all on top of the covers, legs pushing against something usually (same as on the couch, like Ann).
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.