BEST MATTRESS FOR RLS

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Polar Bear

Re: BEST MATTRESS FOR RLS

Post by Polar Bear »

It's great that you have the opportunity to return your mattress. It will be interesting to hear how you manage with your replacement.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Funny, I bought a new mattress today. I disliked the Nector memory foam one OlI bought a few years ago, a full size, too hot for me. Other memory foam ones, I find hard to move around

I bought a Natural two sided Laytex. I can't afford the expensive ones. I'm going back to a twin, but this time a XL. I'm moving my bed to an area that the full size won't fit. I am in the living room right now, since we recently moved to a one bedroom condo. My Husband and I haven't slept together for years due to our sleep issues. His is a memory foam, too hot for me, plus it's hard for me to turn over in.

We are enclosing our balcony so it will be apart of the living room, yet leaving part of the old glass, so there is some separation. We have a 20 foot wall of glass, windows and doors. Five foot sections.

I'm looking forward to getting my bed out of the living room. My Husband still has a queen, when I want to go in there. Sex ended years ago due to other health issues, but we still like to cuddle.

Now I just have to wait until it all comes especially together. I just pray I like this new bed.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hope you do!

I am not a huge fan of the straight memory foam, either. I have a part latex now- it's pretty firm, but definitely better than memory foam.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Mine is a full memory foam but it was rather too firm so has a 3" softer memory foam topper. Perfect for me.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation