Sleep Pod

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Joanie60

Sleep Pod

Post by Joanie60 »

https://hugsleep.com/products/sleep-pod

Does anyone have experience with this? I may be able to join a clinical trial, using the sleep pod to assist with RLS. The problem is, my legs are freaking out. Despite having a stable drug therapy for the last six plus years, I have hit a brick wall. I have been up at least twice a night for the last several week. I am debating just buying one of the damn things instead of waiting for the trial. I love love love being part of medical research and have done several RLS clinical trials in the past. But I don't want $69 to stand between me and relief.

So? Anyone tried this?

Thanks guys!

Joanie

badnights

Re: Sleep Pod

Post by badnights »

I don't think it would work for me. Can you imagine having WED/RLS symptoms while encased in that thing? I would probably go ballistic.

Something else to think about is fit. One of the photos shows a man and woman in bed, each wearing one of the pods. The woman's looks loose, meaning she wouldn't get the benefit of the "hug" effect except in certain positions by pushing out against it.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

I agree, it is anti-intuitive but at my worst, I will contort myself into the tightest workout pants I have. It helps! But God forbid my husband drape his leg over mine..I hit the roof haha.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

When backpacking years ago I tried a silk sleeping bag liner to prolong the life of my sleeping bag. After a very short time, maybe under an hour, I had wiggled out of it. My husband, who is a sound sleeper without RLS hated it too.
The sleeping pods would be torture for me. I guess the price is not so high that if you think it would work, go for it. Then if it doesn't help, give it away or sell it. The fabric looks very nice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Joanie60 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:46 am
I agree, it is anti-intuitive but at my worst, I will contort myself into the tightest workout pants I have. It helps! But God forbid my husband drape his leg over mine..I hit the roof haha.
hmmm then maybe it's worth a try! I have spent so much money over the years, trying things... latest was a $500 vibrating plate (doesn't work very well.... sometimes I think 10 minutes on it can save me taking a single 1 mg pill of hydromorphone - hardly worth it...)... And you have some indication that you might respond well. As long as you're prepared mentally in case it doesn't work. Yankiwi's idea of re-selling is good.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

Good point, I have to be mentally prepared before I buy it or enter the trial! UGH.

Thanks Beth