Quell or Kailo or other pain patches

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Icantsleep

Quell or Kailo or other pain patches

Post by Icantsleep »

Has anyone tried a Quell with any success ?

Or even a pain patch like Kailo ?

I'm trying to exhaust all options before going to a stronger long lasting opioid or Spinal stimulator

badnights

Re: Quell or Kailo or other pain patches

Post by badnights »

One of our board members uses a TENS to keep her WED/RLS at bay. At first she had to use it nightly, but gradually used it less and less, til it was only now and then. I think she's an exception; most of us have had mixed results or no help from a TENS. But it's certainly worth a try. You should find out if you happen to be one of the people it helps.

I had to look up Kailo. Interesting! A patch filled with ultra-tiny capacitors that supposedly interupts the pain signal on its way to the brain. $119 for one that lasts forever - plus unknown $ every (few weeks?)? to replace the adhesive strips. A company called Signal Relief makes something that sounds the same for a similar price.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Icantsleep

Post by Icantsleep »

I'm not sure about the legitimacy of either kailo or signal relief ...
I do know Quell is a real thing .... I was going to get one from Sleep Therapitics in Toronto
... they are the same distributor I got my relaxis from

It seems they no longer carry either device

I'll try to see if any or all of these devices have Canadian distributors .
I'd rather avoid duties and shipping costs should I need to return anything in the likelihood that they don't work

Gotta exhaust all my options though

Icantsleep

Post by Icantsleep »

So Quell is no longer even shipped to Canada.

I would need to ship to a P.O. box at the border
... as inconvenient as that sounds, the border isn't even open lol

Signal relief does ship to basically anywhere, and if it doesn't work they give you your money back and you get to keep the device too

I've yet to hear back from kailo "support"

badnights

Post by badnights »

interesting. Are you going to try the Signal Relief?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Belsheart

Post by Belsheart »

badnights wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:50 pm
One of our board members uses a TENS to keep her WED/RLS at bay. At first she had to use it nightly, but gradually used it less and less, til it was only now and then. I think she's an exception; most of us have had mixed results or no help from a TENS. But it's certainly worth a try. You should find out if you happen to be one of the people it helps.

I had to look up Kailo. Interesting! A patch filled with ultra-tiny capacitors that supposedly interupts the pain signal on its way to the brain. $119 for one that lasts forever - plus unknown $ every (few weeks?)? to replace the adhesive strips. A company called Signal Relief makes something that sounds the same for a similar price.
I’d love to know more about how to use the TENS. I just ordered one because I’m desperate. The relaxis and restiffic aren’t doing anything for me

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Belsheart wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:21 pm
badnights wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:50 pm

I’d love to know more about how to use the TENS. I just ordered one because I’m desperate. The relaxis and restiffic aren’t doing anything for me
I could never figure out a placement that helped. It seems to me that it must be very specific to the person or the "type" of symptoms they have.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Lissa496

Post by Lissa496 »

Did anyone ever purchase one of these Quell or Kailo devices? @Icantsleep or @badnights

Mrs Weary

Post by Mrs Weary »

I purchased a Quell on the advice of my Sleep Medicine doctor it made absolutely no difference now I see it's been taken off the market as not effective.

Lissa496

Post by Lissa496 »

Mrs Weary wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:32 pm
I purchased a Quell on the advice of my Sleep Medicine doctor it made absolutely no difference now I see it's been taken off the market as not effective.
That is too bad, was hoping it would work!