Compression Yoga Pants

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
SunFlower15

Compression Yoga Pants

Post by SunFlower15 »

I recently bought some “compression” type yoga pants, specifically for wearing in bed. I have found that pressure on my thighs is a minor help with my night time RLS symptoms, so I watched for a sale and got just what I needed. I’ve worn them several times, and I do think the compression works. If you try this, look for this specific feature, and know that the tight pants will be a little bit challenging to pull on-but that’s the point!

Polar Bear

Re: Compression Yoga Pants

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm glad this is working so well for you.
We often say when discussing treatments, that what works for one may not work for another and in this case this is true for me. I cannot bear anything of pressure.
However there will be many who will read and appreciate your experience.
I hope it continues to work for a very long time.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I love compression, and have been eyeing some online for a few months. The RLS has been up in my thighs lately, but I also just am old and my legs swell in the heat. I'm glad they help you.
Susan

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I ordered some compression tights, but have to wait a few days or weeks for them. Last night I realized that my knitted knee sleeves can be pulled up around my thighs to give compression up there. I also put on the compression sleeves that fit around my calves. The ones around my thighs helped a lot.

I took them off in the morning, but then started to fall asleep again (I have narcolepsy so that's common) and the RLS started acting up. Pulled the knee sleeves back onto my thighs, and it settled back down. I guess I'll find out if the compression was a one-time fluke, or if it keeps working.
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Your knee sleeves bode well for the compression tights and I really hope they work perfectly.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Two nights and a couple of naps, and the compression sleeves have have helped a lot. I tried compression socks so many times in the past, and just having compression on the calves doesn't help. But around the thighs is magic. I don't expect this to make it all go away, but every little thing helps! And I got the tights today.
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

As we know not everything works for everyone. The thought of compression gives me the shivers and indeed I haven't even worn ordinary rights for about 20 years.
I'm so glad this appears to be helping you and look forward to hearing your experience with the tights.
Betty

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I bought some Sleep Slimmers and Compression Z tights, and neither has strong enough compression to make the RLS go away. But they do make it easier to pull on the knee sleeves and compression sleeves. Last night I tried going without the compression sleeves on my calves, and the RLS acted up down there. Pulled on the sleeves, and got to sleep without more RLS acting up. Now I'm just waiting for it to act up in my arms.

I'm still taking a lot of kratom and hirsuta.
Susan

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Everything is such a balance.
Betty