Vacation Reprieve

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Polar Bear

Re: Vacation Reprieve

Post by Polar Bear »

You had a wonderful time checking out your Vacation Reprieve.
6 weeks is a long time.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Sounds like you had a great time. We did four weeks cruising across the South Pacific a few years ago. I spent a lot of nights out walking the decks or the passage ways, so I got to know most of the crew by the time we finally got to South America. Thankfully, our flight home didn't cause me any problems other than being so very long.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

Rust, I know how you feel. I climbed stairs in my PJs at 4 am. Usually 8 floors up and down twice would do it. I dreaded the flight home but in business class it was not so bad. I binged movies (Oppenheimer was 3 hours) and caught a cat nap here and there. 17 hours in 2 planes with a long layover was a new record for me.

Came home to a PET scan and found to have No Evidence of Cancer one year after diagnosis and treatment! Trying to get the most out of whatever I have left. Thx Rick

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Stainless wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:08 am
Rust, I know how you feel. I climbed stairs in my PJs at 4 am. Usually 8 floors up and down twice would do it. I dreaded the flight home but in business

Came home to a PET scan and found to have No Evidence of Cancer one year after diagnosis and treatment! Trying to get the most out of whatever I have left. Thx Rick
YAY!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.