Showers

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
dolowill

Showers

Post by dolowill »

I just want to add that one thing that helps me is getting in the shower or bath tub and rubbing my calfs (calves?) for a few minutes with a long handled mesh spongy thing and some lavender body wash. (Lavender scent is supposed to be relaxing). It works about 75% of the time.

Polar Bear

Re: Showers

Post by Polar Bear »

I do it differently but the same principle. I use a bucket of really cold water and massage the cold water onto my calves up as far as my knees. It takes about 15/20 minutes and works very well.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation