Elevation and Humidity

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
stockton2malone2

Elevation and Humidity

Post by stockton2malone2 »

I've been tinkering around and noticed I do quite a bit better at lower elevations, and am currently tinkering with humidity levels to confirm whether that makes a difference. It seems to help my RLS severity but also just my general quality of sleep to a surprising degree. Does anyone else have experience with these variables and how did they impact your RLS and overall sleep quality?

Rustsmith

Re: Elevation and Humidity

Post by Rustsmith »

I went from one extreme to the other and didn't see much change in my RLS. I lived in metro Houston (elevation about 65 ft) and if the humidity was less than 70 or 80%, it was the middle of a drought. I now live in Colorado at an elevation of almost exactly 6000 ft and where the only time that the humidity goes above about 10% is when it is raining or snowing (or about to). We frequently see clouds with moisture falling, but nothing hits the ground because it evaporates before it lands.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.