Cured

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
IThinkImInTorture

Cured

Post by IThinkImInTorture »

At age 51 my RLS is cured. I had a stone stuck in my billiary system-distal common bile duct. MRCP showed dilation in the billiary system. I had an ERCP to remove the stone. I can drink coffee and eat chocolate with zero RLS symptoms. As far as I can tell a stone can disrupt digestion which is why we become malnourished with unsettling domino effect of symptoms. I cant wait for coffee tomorrow morning.

Rustsmith

Re: Cured

Post by Rustsmith »

Glad that you were able to find a solution for your RLS. Yes, disruption of your digestive system can cause you to not adsorb iron correctly. So, your ferritin level was probably extremely low. Increasing your iron by restoring proper digestion would cause your RLS symptoms do disappear.

However, you still have a tendacy towards RLS that will increase with age. So, if symptoms return, concentrate on oral iron supplements with vitamin C to manage any need to move or insomnia.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

IThinkImInTorture wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:54 am
At age 51 my RLS is cured. I had a stone stuck in my billiary system-distal common bile duct. MRCP showed dilation in the billiary system. I had an ERCP to remove the stone. I can drink coffee and eat chocolate with zero RLS symptoms. As far as I can tell a stone can disrupt digestion which is why we become malnourished with unsettling domino effect of symptoms. I cant wait for coffee tomorrow morning.
That is truly wonderful news!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

IThinkImInTorture wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:54 am
I am so freakin' happy for you!! Way to go, chasing it down!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.