Does smokeing marijuana help??

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
LadyLarke

Post by LadyLarke »

My husband is a regular pot smoker. Recreational mostly, but he does claim it helps his arthritis pain. I smoked my fair share in my late teens/early 20's but now find it just makes me sleepy. I do NOT like feeling high or out of control and it makes my mind too busy for my liking. Vivid dreams and all that.

But if it alleviates the freaky pains in my knees and ankles so I can sleep, I might try it again.
Warm Regards,
Shannon

IrishVamp

Post by IrishVamp »

With smoking pot, it really depends on the high that you get off it, a lot of people are different. For me it makes my RLS worse because being high makes my body feel weird and jumpy, it's just not a good feeling. But for those that get a relaxing effect or a tiring effect it'd probably be great.

dlsfipps

Don't want to be a pharmaceutical lab rat

Post by dlsfipps »

I've been dealing with hereditary RLS for over 20 years. It was only a few years ago that I discovered that the jumpy leg thing (that only happened at night) actually had a name. I don't want to use pharmaceuticals because I fear the long term effects could be worse than what I am dealing with. I have been through many nights where I wish I could just cut my legs off. Cried because I couldn't sleep. Even tried to sleep standing up. I have found only two things that will help. Marijuana and jacuzzi's. One or the other, or both.
Diana