Vitamin E has cured my, my son and good friend!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
dan

Vitamin E has cured my, my son and good friend!

Post by dan »

Vitalmin E, 1000 units, once a day has kept me, my son, and my good friend free of any bad nights!!~ Honest to God,, thank the Lord for this help,, it has been over one year now!! My friends Doc said this is the answer and it has been for the three of us... please pass this on! dan[/b]

becat

That's Great

Post by becat »

Dan,
That's awesome that you have found something that works for you and your son. I know how difficult it is to find relief.
There are many of us that have vitamins as a part of a daily routine, yet in my case, that alone has not worked. It may well be the case for tons of RLS suffers.
I would also add that when taking vitamin E people should be care to build up slowly. One of the first things E does in our bodies is to strengthen muscles. Our largest muscle is the heart. To over power it could be a danger for some people. Vitamin E at 1000 units is a hefty dose. Most people start out at 100, maybe 300 units a day. Working that number up slowly and safely.
Again, that's great ya'll found something that works, Keep us in the loop here. We always like updates.
Have a great day.

Anonymous

Vitamin E Therapy

Post by Anonymous »

:roll:
Just want to add a note. I have been on a regimen of Vitamin E, B6 and B12 for 20 some odd years. The last five of these is when I discovered I had RLS. My brother suffers from it too so it may be genetic in my family.
The last year it has become increasinly worse. For a time I drank tonic water (has quinine in it) and it gave me relief. My doctor gave me quinine pills and they helped also. I have renal failure now and am anemic some of the time which may explain the increase in my RLS- have it day and night at times. I now take 300 mg? of neurontin and get relief but do hate to take that much med.
I do hope the Vitamin E therapy works for some but it does not work for all. Will be interested to hear other opinions