I found snake oil that works for ME

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
SJ

I found snake oil that works for ME

Post by SJ »

This is my first time posting on this board. I skimmed the rules so I will have to ask if I am within the proper bounds of this forum. First I found a new product that I like so very much that my husband started to sell it. I have been able to cut back on my meds and I sleep so well I wake up happy and stay peppy all day. BUT that’s me. I really want to know if it works for others. I can’t afford to pass out 100 bottles. I’m not funded. I believe this product will help many but they need you to buy it. Yes, that would profit me. Thus I am not mentioning the name of this product until I know that it is acceptable to do so. Why do I want to know if others have similar results? Because, if they do, then the word will spread, and a whole lot of people will be feeling as good as I do.

My experience is, in 3 days I noticed that I was sleeping better. Then as time when on I had more energy during the day. Now I sleep well most nights and if I’ve been upset emotionally during the day I may have a bad night. The good news, my body does not care. I still have energy and I am symptom free. Of course this product does not replace meds. I have reduced mine from 1mg requip 2 times a day and 2mg of Valium 4 times a day to; 1mg requip 2 times a day and 2mg of Valium 2 times a day; not significant. I’ve tried to reduce the Requip but end up waking up at about 7 AM with symptoms.

Other side effect for me: I now have long, hard fingernails. My hair has more body and is curlier. I’m thinking I should market this as a beauty supply. (Just joking)

If this is not proper to offer an item to sell then tell me immediately so I won’t post the name, address and cost of this product on this board. If it works for you I will be thrilled and so will you. If it doesn’t then that will prove the: what work for one doesn’t always work for all theory.

Thanks for reading and I would love to hear from you.

SJ
If you never try anything new, nothing will ever change"

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

SJ,

I am a member of the Yahoo group and I'm guessing that you were also based on your recent post.

I can't speak for any of our members, but I personally have no problem with you posting the name of it, when appropriate. I would be concerned if you mentioned that you sold it, if you emailed members privately to sell it, or posted about it in every post here.

We get many newcomers here. It would be appropriate to post about the products that has worked so well for you in the Non-pharm section. If you want to greet newcomers, you could then tell them that you have posted about what worked for you in the Non-Pharm section and include a link to your original post. It would also be appropriate to simply be discreet. For example, you might say, " I take requip and X. This has worked for me. And that's it.

It is not a part of the current rules of this board that you can't mention it in every post. But most of us probably do not want to read it in every post. We are happy it works for you. And grateful that you want to share. I would ask that you recognize that we are all very different when it comes to RLS. There is almost nothing that works for all of us. Including your product.

Welcome.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.