An over the counter medicine that helps

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Sharionmarie

An over the counter medicine that helps

Post by Sharionmarie »

I was wondering what was the best forum to use to let other people know about an over the counter medicine that I have found that works on stopping the RLS when it starts? Does anyone here have any idea where I should share this idea? Please repond/ Thanks

Since no one has reponded, I will just leave the information here on this forum and hope that it helps someone like it has me. What I take just as soon as I get the sensation that tells me it is starting (rls in my legs), I take two Doans extra strenght pills and three advill pills, I am a big girl so a smaller person may only need two advil. This helps within 30 minutes if I catch it before it gets to bad. If it gets real bad before I take something then I wait a few hours and take the same thing again. Usually once does the trick. To me it is a miracle. I already take Lorcet 1000 mg for arthritic pain and that doesn't help at all but the Doans and Advil most of the time does. Hope this helps someone. Email me if it does at tinyfaye@msn.com. It would be nice to know it helped someone since no one helped me for years with this problem. Thanks
Sharionmarie

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am so, so sorry no one responded. I don't know how we missed it. If you are still checking in, this is great info to have. It might be best put in the non-pharm section. I can move it there if you like.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

georger

Doans

Post by georger »

Thanks for the tip on Doans Pills. I think my RLS is partially connected to back stress. I am getting relief from NADH, but some nites when I am really stressed out, like after a late nite meeting, I need some extra help. Doans might do the trick.

Sherry