Red Bull Drink

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
SRSuze

Red Bull Drink

Post by SRSuze »

I am new to this board but wanted to post this and find out if anyone else had this experience. I have had RLS for about 10 years. I have found that caffeine makes things worse but recently had an experience I was surprised at. I had to drive late one night and needed to stay awake so I bought a Red Bull drink since a friend had told me it really perks you up. I expected it to also make my RLS worse. It did perk me up quite well but I also found absolutely no RLS while using it! I thought it was just a coincidence so have tried it again several times and it is the same. The effects of the caffeine with not only no RLS but it seems to even last a few days after! Has anyone else found this? What would cause this? I was wondering if it was one of the other ingredients in the drink. If so boy I would take that!

trevb

Post by trevb »

hi and a big welcome,
most people find caffeine makes their rls worse, but not everyone... i drink expresso coffee regularly and have no worsening of my rls.... although it doesnt make it better.

it seems that rls is so individual that you can never tell how youre going to react to a "substance".

nephriticus

Post by nephriticus »

It did perk me up quite well but I also found absolutely no RLS while using (Red Bull)

Sure happy for you that it is beneficial. I don't know about the RLS part, but I know that if I drank a can of that stuff, I probably wouldn't get to sleep until March, February at the earliest. :shock:
Neph
Currently RLS free. Symptoms stopped almost abruptly after my long term, full time care giving duties ended with passing of wife. No stress, no RLS.

trevb

Post by trevb »

LOL :lol: