This is not a cure BUT it has helped

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
becattx

This is not a cure BUT it has helped

Post by becattx »

I will start by saying that this is not a cure. I do not know if it will help anyone else. I do not sell this product.........Gosh, I've waited a while before saying anything, because I know how we feel about this stuff....As in, glad it works for you, but don't tell me to take it....I will also say that I have been waiting to test it on myself and my other family members with RLS.
ok, here we go. This is what happened.
I recently went to my mother's when I know for a fact I should have stayed home and gone to the doctor. My stomach had problems to the point that I was on a liquid diet for 10 days. I had blood in my GI tract. I had a hard time passing anything, I look pregnant I was so bloated. To boot my RLS was out of this world. Having had major stomach problems most of my life I assure you that I was not sure I'd make it through the trip without going to the hospital. I was born with a small vaule that does not like to work. Thus, food, water, air do not pass into my lower intestine well, or at all. I had a fever in my stomach, you could feel it. Stupid of me to go i know. I took a big chance. However, I was driven to go, ignore my body and help my mom. Now I know that God simply had a better plan for me. I say that knowing that we all believe in different things, but I was not in control of this one.
Jumyowl, I took those pain meds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mother need help with a rent house, she's almost 70 and I knew she was struggling to get the repairs done. She does all the work herself, only paying for someone to do electric and plumbing. She is as healthy as a horse and works like she's 30 yrs. old. She raised my family with alternative medicines, vitamins, massage, reflexology.....etc. She is on no medicaton, hasn't been for 20+ years and looks 50-60. She has always hated my small pharmcy, but admits that she might do the same if in my postition. However, she will shove anything she's got into me to TRY to help.
Upon flying in to her area, small town, we went out to eat.....YEAh :cry: I did eat, because I am careful around her. I did not tell her about the 10 days no solid food and I didn't intend to. Three bites into dinner the pain was unreal. I forced the meal, ok 1/4 of it into my mouth, to look as though I were eating. She had some errands to do, the larger town has better shopping, choices, so on.
I started to hold my stomach, trying to force this food to go past my stomach. By the time we got back to her home I was in some trouble, but I dealt with it. As we do sometimes, endured it.
We are talkers in my family, the kitchen table our favorite place to be. As we were talking, I noticed a bottle of green junk and asked.....knowing it could be anything with her. She tries everything that is not from a doctor or a pharmacy.
She told me about the green junk....soap, and how wonderful it was to wash the car, tile, etc. Hmmmmmmm sounds great. Then she said they made a gel for your body, and a water that promised big things. "Ok, I'll try the water." She had not used this WATER and didn't know much about it. I didn't not read the instructions, as it had nothing that would be harmful. I took 1-1 1/4 tsp. in a glass of water and we moved on. Talking about an hour or so later, she asked how my tummy felt. You know it donned on me.....it didn't hurt like before. I just felt overly full. Then she asked about my back.....Very little pain.....The most amazing part was that my feet did not burn....I cried when I realized my legs did not twitch, itch, and the pain was not there. I took another shot of the water, before bed and yes I took my medication,,,,,,,just in case. I had a new life in less than two days.
It's been over a month now. I'm not cured completely. I am on .50 mg of Mirepex, before almost 2. mgs, I still have to work on my sleep patterns. I still have attacks, the weather, my monthly's, maybe things I eat. I had less problems with my period this time, i.e. cramps and clots. I will say that I must be starting the change of life, but know my body well. The blood in my GI tract gone. It was gone in less than three days. I haven't had but maybe 5-6 antiacid meds in this time. When I was taking two prescription ones a day.I also added flax seed to help clean me out regularly.
This stuff is working on me. I'm so nervous to put this out there, but I also feel guilty for not saying anything. I'm not sure how long it will last for me. I can't be sure it will work for you. I know that my other family members are seeing a change in their's as well.
The name of the product is Miracle II. It's not expensive. You can find it on the web. The green junk, soap, is awesome and the gel is alot like aloe.
Don't give me grief for posting this, I seriously have mixed feelings about saying anything. The inventors story is a bit out there, but I feel like God worked it for him. He sure was watching out for me.
If you have bad stuff to say PM me. I'm not a looney, I'm not crazy...and I'm not cured, just helps.

Heronak

Post by Heronak »

Hey Becattx, glad to read your post, I'm sorry you were so worried about posting it. The difference between yours and those who announce a cure is that you explain how it works for YOU, for NOW. If it works for one other person, it's worth your post! I wish you continued success,

Heron

Sole

Post by Sole »

becatts,

I'm always interested in hearing what works for people. I think your post is great. I looked at the site but can't tell what product you're talking about. You can post it or pm me....but some pm's havent' been making it to my inbox so I might not get it. Anyway, my mom is the same way. And after most of years not listening to her, I wised up some years back and now take instruction from her willingly because whatever she's going is working for her. If I decide to try that product, I'll definitely let you know the results.

sole

becattx

Sorry, heres the clarification

Post by becattx »

Sorry, here's the clarification on this stuff.
I am using the Miracle II Neutralizer, it's a liquid.
Our Moms got alot smarted as we got older didn't they? :lol:

becat

Post by becat »

PS PLEASE LET ME KNOW, IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO KNOW. THANKS SOLE.

Heronak

Becat, how's it working?

Post by Heronak »

Hey there, just wondering how you are and if the Miracle II Neutralizer has given you any relief?

Heron

becat

Hi there

Post by becat »

I'm still doing really good with it. And trust me when I say the stress is at an all time high for me in the last week. I had one 2 day attack that really effected me physically, but I didn't use the MII water for a couple of days. I went back on it and things are starting to settle in my body a lot better.
I will remind anyone reading this that I take more than suggested (3-5 oz. diluted with a lot of water a day). I also found that the gel works for me if applied directly to my feet. shin, and shoulders.
I've since used these products for cankers sores, tooth ache, and headaches. I also found that it takes the vericose vien burns like symptoms away. I swear by the stuff. God bless me it works well for me to lighten the pain.
It's silly that it claims to cure almost anything, I had to giggle when my MOM first gave it to me, but it works well for me.
The past week has been a horrible time, my stomach has reacted badly to it.......but I feel that this is a normal part of a moment such as this. The RLS and stomach have taken the brunt of my emotions and I will simple have to learn to cope better with what life has me.
So to answer your question, yes i am still having awesome results.

Sara

Miracle II

Post by Sara »

How interesting that this is showing some results for you with RLS (etc.). I was introduced to it over the Fourth of July weekend at a friends house, where we used it for mosquito bites (takes away the itch), a deep abrasion (took away the pain), and even a dog bite (stopped the throbbing). The product DOES say it's good for so many things that I had the "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is" response. But it DID work for the things we tried it on, and I was considering getting some to have here now that we're home. Would never have thought to try it for RLS, but now I will. Can't HURT anyway. : ) I can't explain or understand why a pH neutralizing gel would affect the things it does, but it obviously does something for a number of situations. Thanks for getting up the guts to post about your experience. Anyone who wants to try can make up their own mind about the usefulness of the product. Best wishes to you, Becat.
Sara

becat

Thanks SARA

Post by becat »

Hi Sara,
Thanks for letting me know about your experiences with this stuff. Just amazing what it's done for my family. i do use the concetrated gel to ease the pain in my legs arms, and feet. It does great things for the burning in my feet. We've used both the gel and the water for mouth sores, tooth aches, I've used it on my pets. Just strange there are so many uses.
It does claim to cure almost everything, which may scare some people away from it, but it sure has wroked wonders for me.
Thank you, for sharing as well.
Sole found the cheapest place to order Miracle II products is on ebay.
Have a great day.
Becat

Sole

Post by Sole »

Hi Sara,

Becat's right. I found the water much cheaper on Ebay. I was without it for almost two weeks, after my first order was gone and boy could I tell a difference. It helps me most in the areas of emotional stability, energy level and digestion. I believe, that for me, digestion is directly connected to the severity of my RLS symptoms.

It's nice to hear that the products work for other people too.
Sole

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone."

Sara

RE: Miracle II source and a related idea to try

Post by Sara »

Hello, ladies-- Our friends who introduced us to Miracle II found the same as you two did. eBay seems to be the cheapest resource for the product overall. I have a different "version" of the Miracle product here locally than the one I used visiting our friends (but I can't recall which is which off-hand, frankly), so I've not decided if I want to stick with the one I tried or try the local version. I believe our friends said that they do not both work exactly the same.

Our son was the one who used the product for a dog bite, and I did want to mention, perhaps apropos to nothing but worth saying probably, that he also used north pole magnets for that injury. I have not used them, but he was quite skeptical (he's 13, weren't we ALL a little skeptical then? LOL)... until the throbbing went away from both affected fingers, and stayed away until he removed the magnets for a period of time!!! I know several people who've used north pole magnets for arthritis, sciatica, surgery recovery, etc.... even under the water jugs our friends keep the Miracle II water in, interestingly enough. I have NO idea if magnets would have ANY affect on RLS...or if it would be positive. However, my understanding of the pH neutralizer and the north pole magnets is that they work in a similar "way" though on different specific things. I have been thinking about this this afternoon and just wonder if pH neutralizer helped maybe magnets would be worth trying, too??

Thanks for the information, and now I think I really need to get moving and purchase some of the pH neutralizer I'd been procrastinating about. Potential help for my legs and feet right now while they're really bothering me much more than they had been is a good incentive. : ) Best to all. Sara

Sara

Well, I have tried it for a while now....

Post by Sara »

Hey, folks--

Just wanted to bump this and add my experiences with pH neutralizer gel for relief of RLS.

I bought some of the product, and have been using it for what must be about two months now. Not all the time, not every RLS attack. I'm actually thinking, though, about just putting it on at dinner time every night for a while to see what that does. Becat, have you tried that???

BUT, I HAVE used it several times lately when I've had realllllly bad RLS (and especially when I couldn't just go to bed to feel better). The evening I described under "Weird Trigger" when I was walking in stocking-feet over cold gravel and had such a horrid episode was one of them.

I do not believe in miracle cures. I figure if it sounds too good to be true.... etc. BUT, when my feet were SO affected the other night after the gravel, I went up to bed, took off my socks, slathered my feet in neutralizer gel, tucked them into the covers and started to read. They already felt MUCH less ... "angry", if you know what I mean... by the time I slid them under the covers. And although they didn't feel "fine" exactly, I was able pretty darn quickly to get absorbed in my novel and ignore them until I got sleepy enough to fall asleep.

I have a much less severe case of RLS than many people here, but when it's bad, it's bad enough. I don't know if the reason the pH neutralizer gel helps is because it's cool, because you massage it in, because I always sit on the bed to do it and that gets me out of the position I was sitting in when my RLS was bothering me downstairs, because it puts calcium and magnesium at the source of my discomfort. I have NO idea.

BUT, for the price of the stuff, and the other potential uses, it seems well worth MY investment, and it's SOMETHING I can do that helps SOME. And I think, as Becat did, that that's WELL worth mentioning for what it's worth.

My mom just bought some, and she has peripheral neuropathy and PROBABLY also RLS, and she also said that her feet felt much better right away when she started massaging them with the Miracle II gel.

FWIW--

Sara :D

becat

stomach

Post by becat »

That's awesome Sara,
Let's see........dinner? "Some more Miracle Gell II on those mashed taters?" LOL
I did miss out on the trip to Long Beach. I had my gel, but not the watered down one. I guess I could have drank the gel in a ton of water, but anyway. Remember I use two different Miracle II products. The gel and the water, that I drink.
Two things happen without the water. My legs and feet we're on their way to acting up.......I know now it may be called Travelers RLS. But the first night there I in a bad way. 45 mins. after we had gone to be, I was still fighting the blankets, my pillow, the bed. I had taken my meds late, and added a bit to them and still was unable to calm my body. It was going to be a stare at the ceiling kind of night. Thankfully I remembered the gel and just covered my legs and feet. I waited for it to soak in, got in bed and thought about the meeting. Next thing I knew, I yawned and thought, legs? feets? not so bad and fell to sleep nicely.
The other thing I noticed was my stomach. It sorely missed the Miracle II water. Not only did it start did my stomach hurt when I ate, but I had problems with the move moving. Never mind that my feet felt broken from all the walking. I used the hotel hot tub to combat that part, that was a great thing.
Cal/mag is good for all of use. RLSers need magisium to help iron absorb correctly. Calcium is good for muscles and bones to name a few.
I'm so glad it's helped you Sara.................tried soap in bed yet? LOL
hugs to all

Sara

Post by Sara »

"Not so bad".... how nicely put that was, Becat. THAT is just almost exactly my experience, too. Just takest the "edge" off, which reduces the gut-level "oh, my gosh, it's going to be one of those nights" reaction, which I think CAN'T do anything to HELP us get the rest we need, either.

I had forgotten that you also put the neutralizer in your water, like our friends do. The additional calcium and magnesium, as you mentioned, is good for legs/feet in many ways.... it probably is ALSO why your tummy feels better. Both calcium and magnesium are beneficial to various digestive issues from plain old nervous stomachs to conditions like IBS, etc. I think I have read that the calcium makes digestive muscles work in a more regular and relaxed manner.

Gonna actually go slather my feet in pH nrutralizer gel right now.... they're really bugging me tonight. Maybe because I was on my feet all day and out in the sun and TIRED. Whenever I'm really tired, my RLS seems to be worse.

Hugs-- Sara

Sara

Post by Sara »

Bump for Chirpee and other newbies! :D

Sara