Electric Matress Pad! Works for me!!!

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
CHRISC

Electric Matress Pad! Works for me!!!

Post by CHRISC »

First time here. Cold legs when I go to bed was getting unbearable (what else is new). I was using a heating pad maybe 18"x12". Helped but didn't work well. Somehow I got the idea to find a full electric matress pad. It has duel controls, so my wonderful partner can set differently. I turn it on an hour before bed and it is absolute heaven! I was wearing silk long underwear AND sweat pants trying to keep my legs warm...Now I just slip into bed, go "ahhh" and sleep! (Am on drugs, but they didn't give the same relief...but the combo is working most of the time. (Drugs=Requip and Neurontin (300mg)) Google search "electric matress pad", took a little investigation.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

DH and I were just talking about getting one this weekend! We both use those small heating pads.

The massage table is always so comfy and warm when I go in for a massage, I have thought often how my body tends to relax all most immediately when I get there.

Like the dual control feature! That's a bonus! Hazel