Sinemet or not?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
conniebonnie

Sinemet or not?

Post by conniebonnie »

I have just been prescribed Sinemet for my RLS. When I read the possible side effects, I got scared to take it.

Does anyone else take it, and does it work. Also, am I a worry wart about the possible side effects, and what natural means are tried and found to be true?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Conniebonnie,

You might get a better response in the Pharmaceutical Therapy section, as many people who read this part of the board don't take drugs. In that section, there have been many past posts about Sinemet. Try posting there, and if you have the time, it might get a faster answer to go through the older posts.

There are many posts in this section about the natural stuff that works for people, but again, the best way is to read them, even though is is time consuming. So many people come and post an idea to be helpful, but don't stay here on the board, so if you don't go back to read their posts, you won't find their information.

Also, try the New to RLS section and read the Start Here sticky thread. In the first post, it lists many things to do to get RLS under control, with or without medication. Oh, and in that same thread is some information about Sinemet.

Welcome to the board. I hope you can find what you are looking for and hope to see you posting more.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.