Back, massage and a circulation booster

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
ViewsAskew

Back, massage and a circulation booster

Post by ViewsAskew »

(The author, Richard, is on another RLS board, but I thought this was worth sharing. I contacted him about it and he said he's never heard of our board but I was welcome to post it. Thank you, Richard!)

There are many people with RLS who have back problems and I think here is a connection. I have been getting deep remedial massage and exercises to stimulate the nerves in the spinal cord and it seems to be helping me, the symptoms are not as severe as they were and I am sleeping better. The masseur has experienced RLS and believes that pressure on the spinal cord can be one of the causes of RLS. In addition, when RLS hits me the best help I get is from a machine called a circulation booster. The machine has pads to put your feet on and it sends a burst of very strong electrical impulses up my legs. You can have up to 30 minutes of this whilst sitting watching TV so it is very convenient to use. I keep mine by my loungeroom chair and use it most nights. It cost me about $300 and is the best investment I have made over many years of looking for something to relieve RLS. I have spent much more on other gadgets that were useless.

Richard 68 Sydney Australia

ctravel12

Back massager and a circulation booster

Post by ctravel12 »

Ann, I read the post that author Richard let you post. Do you know anyone else that has used this back massager/circulation booster? Any information that you have would be appreciated.
Thanks
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rumpleteaser

Post by Rumpleteaser »

I use one of those hand-held massage machines. Hubby uses it on my legs at night and it helps a little. This is especially good for the nights when you are climbing the walls. Mind you, the RLS will probably return during the night, but at least you can get to sleep and have a fighting chance of staying asleep without drugs.

Rumpleteaser

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i use the hand held one too when mine is so bad at night. i told hubby i wanted that massage chair they have on HSN for christmas. it does a full body massage including your legs and feet. woohoo santa better bring it or i won't be a happy camper lol

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945