I found relief from RSL using the Electro Reflex Energizer

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
DeanB

I found relief from RSL using the Electro Reflex Energizer

Post by DeanB »

Dear Fellow RSL Suffers,

My name is Dean. I’ve been living with RSL for over 42 years. I just turned 62 July 14, 2004. For the most part I’ve lived a very healthy life. I always have been physically active. I have run 7 marathons and done a lot of other sports. I don’t if that caused me to get RSL or not, but as you know, it sure is a frustrating disease to deal with.

June 2004, I watched a TV special on sleep disorders on ABC. The host on the show described RSL as someone who has to move their legs all the time or kicking them at night when trying to get to sleep, I said, that’s me! Finally, after 42 years, I could put a name on what happens to me at night with my legs.

For years I have told doctors about it, just like you, but they never could give my any reason for it or why. I thought I was the only one that had this problem. I was so happy I wasn’t alone, but also shocked at how many have people have RLS. Through the TV special I found the RSL Foundation website and your comments.

I read some of the comments posted. I then became curious if there were any common denominators that would cause all of us to get RSL and if there were any one solution to getting relief from it, so I decided to read all 113 comments posted. My posting was July 14.

General Overview of What I Discovered
Age of us ranged from teen to seniors.
Majority of us have had RSL had it most of your life, me 42 years.

About 60% of us take some type drugs. There were 5 mentioned most to the time.
Some drugs gave complete relief to about 2% of you, but the same drug did not
work on others. Who can figure?
Even thou some drugs helped, some couldn’t afford them and had to quit.
One person went from drugs to morphine but quit both, because they were concerned about getting addicted, as can happen with some drugs.

About 20% of us have tried nutrition to get relief.
Magnesium… calcium.. iron.. melatonin most tried.
Some have used honey.. bananas… and some try cutting out salt.

The other 20% have used walking, aroma therapy, panty hose, and laying in the fetal position. Again, the some remedy did not work for all.

The most common result of RSL was anxiety and depression. Some wanted to just amputate their legs. I’m sure all have us have felt that way. I have.

Final Comments
In the last week I have read all the information on the different web sites on RSL, but came away with the conclusion, as of now, there seems to be no cure or good reasons what causes it. On one web site I found over 60 ways we try to describe RSL.

Here just some. They’ll make you laugh.
Itchy chin-bone… Antsy Legs… Flogging legs… Woolie-Bullies… Jiggy Legs (my favorite)

What Works For Me…And Could Work For You
I have tried all kinds of things to get rid or at least relief from my RSL I tried massage, (I’m a massage therapist) ice, vitamins, lotions, pounding, and so on, but not to much avail. I have never taken any drugs for my RLS, because I didn’t now they existed, until now, plus I try to stay away from them as much as possible due to the unknown side effects.

Relief In 5 Minutes With The ERE
I recently purchased a medical device called the ERE, Electro Reflex Energizer, it works on the reflexology points of the foot and with the nervous system. I purchased the ERE, because it relieves the pain from my carpal tunnel syndrome, kills parasites, and massage my legs. It also provides relief for about 15 or more health conditions.

It wasn’t until I listened to a conference call, put on by the company that makes the ERE, someone mentioned, since they started using the ERE on their legs that they also got relief with RSL. I have to confess, even though I knew that the ERE worked on giving relief on a lot of other medical conditions, I was very skeptical that it would give me any relief with my RSL.

I Am Not Afraid To Go To Bed Anymore
I have been using it for the last 4 weeks. My RSL usually starts bothering me after I have slept for 2-3 hrs. When I feel it coming on I get up and use the ERE. The ERE can by use just putting your feet on it or you can us the electro massage pads and place on the different parts of your body to get a more massaging type effect.

Since I wasn’t sure which way to use the first time, I decided to just use the electro massage pads on the inside of my knees for 5 minutes on mode one, since this is were my RSL bothers me the most. I then went to bed a fell back to sleep. I have never had anything else give me such quick results. Now I am no longer anxious about going to sleep at night.

Like the old American Express ad said, “Don’t leave home
without it” that’s how I feel about the ERE.

Be Part Of My Unscientific Study To Help The Other 12 Million RSL Suffers
Far as I know there have been no scientific studies done using the ERE to relief RSL, except my own personal use and a few others that have used it. That is why I would like to do my own unscientific study with people already suffering from RSL, like you and me, not some animal.

This could turn out to be an easy, convenient solution for the 12 million RSL suffers to finally get good nights sleep and live a more enjoyable and productive life. I don’t guarantee you the same results, but it’s worth a try, wouldn’t you agree?

I would like to send the results of the study to the RSL Foundation, so that they may do more scientific study and fund it.

To qualify to participate in study.
1. First you would have to fill out a short survey.
2. Sign a disclaimer that states you are doing this of your own free will.
3. Commit to use the ERE for 14 days and document what happens and email me your results. Study starts Aug. 1 2004. Sign up today.

All information will be held confidential. After the 14 days there is no further obligation. I will forward the study to the RSL Foundation, but will withhold your names.

Since I am not a big rich company to give each person an ERE to use for 14 days free. I have worked out with the HTE Americas that make of the ERE a special offer for all study participates. Plus, if you make a financial investment, like me, your more than likely take it serious and complete the study.

What is A Good Nights Sleep Worth To You?
Let’s look at it another way. What is a good nights sleep costing? Possibly your job, marriage, ect. Since your body uses the time you sleep to repair its self, sleep is priceless.

The cost of the ERE retails for $399, for the study participates you can get the ERE at a 30% discount or $279.20 to be exact, a $119 savings. I paid more. Plus they will ship it to you FREE and give you a 14 day no-risk money back guarantee.

So you have nothing to lose, but a lot to gain, like a good nights sleep. If, after the 14 days you want to keep the ERE to get all the other health benefits it provides, you can with no additional charge. Our way of saying thanks for participating in the study.

DON'T WAIT! CONTACT ME TODAY...STUDY STARTS AUG. 1 2004
If you would be part of the study or have questions, email me with you name, and phone TODAY, @ chimassage@chimassageexpert.com. The study will begin August 1, 2004. To get more information on ERE go to http://www.chimassageexpert.com/RSLStudy.html

You Could Be A HERO to MILLIONS
Imagine if a 100 or more of us RSL suffers participated in the study and found the ERE to give better and saver relief from RSL, especially for the suffers are not getting any now. You would become a HERO :D to them, because took the risk and made the small investment to participate in the study.

Looking foward to participating in the study with you and can't wait for the results to share with the RSL Foundation.

No more sleepless night for me,
Dean

Heronak

Infommercial??

Post by Heronak »

Dean,

Sorry to be such a skeptic, but this sounds suspiciously like an infommercial to me. If you're for real, then I'm happy you've found relief for your RLS (even your website has it wrong). If you're plugging this product to make a buck off of RLS sufferers, then shame on you. Let the buyer beware,

Heron

jan3213

Infomercial?

Post by jan3213 »

Dean

I agree with Heron. I read your post earlier, but I'm afraid I didn't have the courage Heron had. When I read it, I immediately thought you were trying to sell us something. I REALLY hope that's not true. This site is to HELP people, not to SELL people something!!! Shame on you if that's what you are doing!!!

Jan

P.L. Thanks Heron!

jan3213

Infomercial?

Post by jan3213 »

Dean

I agree with Heron. I read your post earlier, but I'm afraid I didn't have the courage Heron had. When I read it, I immediately thought you were trying to sell us something. I REALLY hope that's not true. This site is to HELP people, not to SELL people something!!! Shame on you if that's what you are doing!!!

Jan

P.L. Thanks Heron!

DeanB

Unfair to just call my post an informecial

Post by DeanB »

Is this an infomercial? Yes and No.
I want to thank you all for reading my posting on the ERE and your feedback on it. It’s greatly appreciated.

First, I am for real, all that you read in my posting is exactly what happened. I don’t have anything to hide. I wish, like you, I didn’t have RSL.

I have no problem with you and others being skeptical on my posting, but as I stated in my original posting on the ERE, I to, was skeptical if it would give me relief. If it hadn’t given me relief, I never would have posted anything about it on the website, and then would be right, in saying, it was just infomercial.

I wrote the posting to help people with RSL and that is why I gave as much information as I thought, they would need to see if the ERE would be right for them. I am sorry that you only took it as a infomercial and not as another solution to relief RSL. Don't foget, I am a RSL suffer and looking for simple solutions for relief.

If I had to do it over again, I probably would have done it a little different, but I’m not sure how. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Also, I have read all the postings in the comments section and others have recommended products and drugs that given them some relief, but most didn’t come out and tell you the cost or how to get them, like I did.

For example, take the drug companies that support the RSL Foundation. (I’m glad that they do.) I’m sure, you would agree with me, that one of the reasons they do, is they want you to buy their drugs that might help with RSL, right. I have no problem with that.

It would be a different story if someone purchased the ERE and could not return it for a FULL refund, but they can. If I could have given the ERE free to people who would want to participate in 14 day study, I would have, but I can’t.

Further more, no one has to purchase the ERE. But just imagine if a 100 other RSL suffers did, and they all got relief from their RSL, wouldn’t you be happy for them? Don't you think that would get the attention of the RSL Foundation to maybe fund a more scientific study to see why and how it gives relief. Just a thought.

I know your only intent is try to keep people from selling things that don’t or ever will work to relief RSL, I appreciate that. Again, the ERE does relief my RSL and may others. I only hope, in the mean time, calling my posting an infomercial doesn’t turn off some RSL suffers from deceiding if the ERE helps for theirselves. After all, isn’t the main purpose of this site to share information with other RLS suffers , like you and me.

Study:
I am still going to see if the RSL Foundation will fund a study on the ERE whether anyone trys the ERE or not, but since they are supported by drug companies and this is an alternative they may not. It sure would be nice to have some other testimoines other than just mine.

I will keep you posted if they do.

RSL Suffer just trying to help, like you.
DeanB

jumpyowl

Your machine

Post by jumpyowl »

I am quite active on this board but somehow I missed your post.

I have to agree with the previous commentators that your post is very well done. Almost too well for a person off the street. Yes, I realize you are a masseuse.

I would have been more curious if you gave some technical information about the machine and all that it can do. You only briefly mentioned it in one sentence.

Knowing how the machine works one could speculate how it would work to stifle the abnormal sensations generated by the brain cells due to dopamine deficiency.

Could you please supply me with a link that described the ERE machine well?
Last edited by jumpyowl on Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jumpy Owl

Post by Guest »

This is something I have been thinking up in my head! I am glad to see it exists. I am 8 months pregnant and in the first trimester, I bought a Relief Band, which I wore on my wrist and it stimulated my nerves to ease the nausia, and it really worked. So, as I am lying in bed at night, unable to sleep, I keep thinking, there should be something for my legs like the Relief Band, and this does sound like it.

Even though that posting did sound like an informercial, I believe that it would work.