something new

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
lkirk

something new

Post by lkirk »

There seems to be something new for RLS. Has anyone heard of or tried MagniLife Restless Legs Relief? I would love to know about any results. Thanks

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I saw it recently but have not tried it, and probably will not. If someone tries it, it would be great to hear their feedback. The active ingredients are:

Active Ingredients: Gnaphalium Polycephalum - for cramps and pains in calves and feet when in bed; Viscum Album - for inability to keep legs still and thigh pains that are worse in bed; Aconitum Napellus - for tingling and prickling sensations and relaxation of the limbs; Ledum Palustre - for pains in feet and legs; Magnesia Phosphorica - for pains and cramps of the nerves and muscles; and Rhus Toxicodendron - for muscle twitches, crawling sensations, and pains that are worse at night and make you unable to rest in any position. Other Ingredients: Sorbitol.

Maybe someone who knows more about these can post if they think they would be helpful. I assume the Magnesia Phosphorica is some relative to magnesium. I have no experience with the others, though maybe I'll look them up in my herbal preparation book at some time to see what it says.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

No I haven't heard about this. Is it a supplement? Would you mind telling us more about where you heard about this? Thanks Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Here's the link to the product, Hazey.

http://www.magnilife.com/product-restle ... relief.asp

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

lkirk

Post by lkirk »

There was an ad in the newspaper about it. Then I saw on their website that it is available at Rite Aid, so I thought maybe others have heard about it and tried it. I really don't know much about it, so if anyone else does, let us know.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Not certain I am willing to give up my meds and try this! :oops: :)

Yet I have to commend them for encouraging RLS sufferers to find a support group and link to rls.org!

Hopefully, we will hear some reports from others who have tried this supplement.

Hazey is right! I have been Hazey for some time!
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

tried it!

Post by guest »

Yes, I've tried it and so far it is working great! I've suffered with this since 2001 but more even though I'd have bouts approx 2/3 x per week, I could always fall asleep and sleep through...however in the last 4 mos it's gotten increasingly worse. Before I would just have trouble in the evenings when trying to relax....but now not only had it sometimes pre-empted sleep, it would also wake me up!

I refuse to take pharmaceutical drugs as I feel all they are geard to do is mask the symptoms and give one a whole host of side effects, I have been more inclined to try more homeopathic methods regardless that they have been dubbed nothing more than a placebo effect or worse. I was able to get another medical condition (recurrent UTI)completely cured...much to my amazement with another homeopathic remedy...so I thought I would give this a try.

The thing with homeopathic cures is they are supposed to re adjust the body so that your own body's natural healing and balance will take place and you won't need the remedy forever as your body will operate the way it should...I am very excited with every new prospect that I am finding in the ways of dealing with medical issues with this means instead of feeding the pharmaceutical companies that could truly care less about our well being. I am currently studying to be a nurse (2nd career jumper!) so to be led down this path has been extremely eye opening.

I hope this helps someone else...even in casual reading...the product is well worth it.

God bless.

This is only my third day of trying it...but I swear I felt immediate relief after only 2 doses the first night...it was the first night in a long time that I could actually lie in bed and relax instead of feel that 'race' to get to sleep.

lkirk

Works for Someone!

Post by lkirk »

That's great. Thank you so much for your feedback. It's good to know that something is working for someone! At least it sounds like it is worth a try.

rfish1966

Gave it a wirl

Post by rfish1966 »

Usually skeptical, but this seemed to help. Made it thru two nights without getting up to use the bathroom till it was time to get up.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

So glad that this seems to have helped a couple of people. Guest I would encourage you to register with this group and look forward to hearing more about you. Hazel

medotmom58

Post by medotmom58 »

Looking for more reviews on Magnilife.

I have suffered from RLS for over 30 years now. I have taken Trazodone and am now on Requip but neither is helping 100%. I am taking accupunture treatments and they have helped lessen the frequency and severity but my RLS is still there.

I take a multi-vitamin, fish oil, vit E, iron, calcium and a B-12 combo with folic acid.

Last night I had a full body massage and the night was okay but woke up with RLS in both legs.

I am always looking for something to try - wanted to see if anyone else has tried this Magnilife before I spend more money.

Simcha

Just Ordered

Post by Simcha »

I just ordered a bottle of the tablets and a cream.
I checked out the ingredients and other than Viscum album (mistletoe) that can lower blood pressure, and the Aconitum napellus, which is a poison, I think it's worth trying. I'm assuming the doses of both of these are low enough not to cause trouble but one should be aware of the symptoms of side effects.
I will post results as soon as I try it.
My RLS is going strong and Melatonin (which ususally works) is not helping.
I've developed hip pain along with the RLS that wakes me up in the middle of the night.
At this point, I'm almost willing to try anything.

medotmom58

Post by medotmom58 »

Simcha-please let me know how it works outl Funny you should mention hip pain - I have the same thing - it is so hard to get comfortable in bed. I wonder if there is a connection to RLS, I was just thinking it was arthritis.

medotmom58

Post by medotmom58 »

I just ordered both the pills and the cream - can't wait to receive them and try them. I'll post my results. Don't know why I never read these message boards before after suffering for over 30 years - I've already found some great tips. Thanks all.

Jill

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

The RLS experts have noted (and so have many of us) that RLS is "susceptible" to our thoughts. For example, when we are engaged deeply in something (ie the RLS Rebels ideas), we often forget our RLS. Often, when we first start taking something or doing it differently, the RLS also seems to stop (ie Charlene recently with the diet she was on - she reported it helped - then it stopped).

I would love to hear what happens long-term on this or any other supplement anyone tries. So, those who are willing to report - and I wish we had more people willing to report - please let us know immediately, after a week or so, and then after a couple of months, or even a couple of years. Since RLS is forever, the longer term we have people letting us know how things work, the better.

Managing Your RLS