something new

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Simcha

Post by Simcha »

Hi Medotmom
I've had hip pain that increases when I walk too much or sit too long in one position. It also causes me discomfort when I'm experiencing RLS even though there is no weight on my hip. The RLS must be doing something to the nerves & muscles in the legs to cause this kind of pain. NSAIDs do nothing.
If we keep sharing our symptoms, I think it will eventually help researchers better identify the disease.
What are you doing for the pain? Any relief?

JimmyLegsJen

Post by JimmyLegsJen »

Definately get hip pain as well.

medotmom58

Post by medotmom58 »

I actually had four good nights without any flare up of RLS until Friday night. I did have one beer - not sure if that is the connections as sometimes I can hae one drink and have no problems and then other nights nothing to drink and problems.

I received my order of Magnilife yesterday and did take one pill but I was having an attack at the time so don't know the results. The flare up did seem to last shorter and be less severe than before, I guess time will tell.

I can't lay on my sides in the morning as my hips hurt - wonder what the connection is especially now that three people have posted about it. The other day at the doctor I told her that I was still having attacks and she seemed surprised and said I should not since I was taking requip. Guess she does not really understand.

Will post in a week about the results from Magnilife. Can only hope for the best. Jill

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

medotmom58 wrote: she seemed surprised and said I should not since I was taking requip. Guess she does not really understand.

Jill

Yep. . .tooo many docs that really do not understand. They read a little literature (probably all they have time to do) and think they know all about it. It's sooooo hard to know all about it, especially when the experts haven't figured it out yet! Finding a doc that either knows or is willing to be educated and not blow us off becomes one of the hardest tasks we have to tackle.

I hope your doc is willing for you to educate her, Jill.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Simcha

Post by Simcha »

We should start a post on hip pain!
I frequently wake up early, maybe 2 hours before I'm scheduled to get up, with sharp pains in my hip. I'm having more trouble getting to sleep at night due to resting on either hip.

Simcha

Post by Simcha »

I tried MagniLife RLS Cream and it worked. OK, I'm skeptical but will keep using it to see if it's long-term relief or just some fluke.

I sometimes get "itchy legs" while watching TV before bed (not a real RLS attack) and the MagniLife cream seemed to ease it. I wonder if BenGay would do the same - anyone ever try the "heat producing" gels?

Will keep everyone posted on continued use.

rfishburn

Post by rfishburn »

I think I had posted under guest rfish1966 at the time, anyways it seemd to help for a few days and then did nothing more...who knows.
Randy

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctravel12

something new

Post by ctravel12 »

I have been reading all the posts on the magnilife pills and cream. It sounds good, but is it something that lasts forever. I know alot of meds do wear off too. I am now on clonazapem .5mg and it is working. I took it last year and got off of it as it was habit forming. In the beginning of the year, I took Requip (which I am sure is habit forming too) and was fine in the beginning and then I started getting rls anytime of the day and made me nauseated. I will never take Requip again. With taking clonazapem I do not have daytime episodes at all. It has been about a month since I have been off of Requip. Wouldn't it be great if this magnilife pills/cream would be the answer and then not be on any medication at all. To tell you the truth, I am leary about it. When I found this site, I saw a website for Neurosil and sent away for a sample package and that was in June and as of today's date I have never received it. I guess it is just a Catch 22. If this works for some, that is wonderful. I read one of the posts that Ann did and she said she would like to hear from anyone who has been on Magnilife for a few months or longer and see what the results are. I know what works for one may not always work for another. I know alot of people are desperate and willing to try anything. I know I was one of them. I really do not like being on a control substance, but if this is working to tell you the truth I am too scared to stop and then have the rls come raging back.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Simcha

Post by Simcha »

I agree- therapies seem to work for a limited amount of time then stop. I don't understand why but I have experienced this. I take OTC drugs such as Melatonin, Valerian, and now I'm trying the MegaLife cream & pills. If it works for a while, it's a welcome relief!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tlalwell

Post by tlalwell »

The MagniLife pills DID NOT work for me. Believe me, I took advantage of the money back guarantee because they stunk!! Maybe for someone that has a less severe case of RLS than me will have great success with it but me - not so much! :cry:

Michelle

Magnilife didn't work for me

Post by Michelle »

For me it had horrible side effects but other than this it really did calm my legs down. I think a person should be fairly healthy before using this product. I read that it has a poison in it and that concerned me. I know it's a low amount but it's still really scary putting a poison in my body. My side effects were a throbbing headache that felt like I had been hung over, sharp pains in my chest, wheezing with my asthma (and I haven't wheezed in ages). It caused me to wake up frequently. Both times I took a pill (every 4 hours) it caused me to fall asleep quickly and calmed my legs down but then after a half hour both times I was wide awake. I kept waking up constantly. I don't know if this had anything to do with the pill. I didn't like how I felt when I woke up after the second pill, it had felt like I had been drinking the night before when I hadn't. I should add that the first pill I took it made my heart go fast and then after an hour it calmed down. Such strange effects. The best thing that I have done so far is Magnesium at 50 mgs before bedtime. It calms the nerves and muscles so well. I think I'll stick with that.

Michelle

Tried it again

Post by Michelle »

Okay I wanted to try the Magnilife RLS pills again just to see if it was a coincidence that I had the headache and the wheezing and it was. I took a third pill and didn't have any side effects. It calmed my legs down beautifully and I was able to fall asleep fast. I woke up 5 hours later and let me say this is a miracle for me since I always wake up constantly.

I took another one today when I had a severe case and it did help it out a lot. I'm glad I gave these pills another chance since I definitely am sick of being up for hours on end exercising my legs to death when I have a bad RLS attack.

spflo033

Post by spflo033 »

last night was my second night on Magnilife and I slept like a baby. I'm usually sensitive to most medications and always have a real problem with grogginess in the morning but I didn't have any of that with Magnilife. I felt pretty well rested. Hopefully it'll continue working that way