RLS ??

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
TugBoat

RLS ??

Post by TugBoat »

I'm curious to know if the RLS sydrome (if I may call it that) is associated to those primarily at night time during sleeping or if one can have RLS during the daytime as well?

The reason I ask this is because I have recently been plagued by pains or muscle tightness,even feels more like an ITCH that I just can't seem to scratch no matter how I move my legs.

I have never really had an "active" lifestyle as I have had countless knee surgeries since the age of 12.I have, up until now, just figured that most of my problems with my legs were the result of years of "Bad Knees" and the continuous beatings during the surgeries.However, after seeing an ad on T.V. one night I started to investigate into this RLS.

I really am not sure if I am affected by this during the sleeping hours but I do tend to notice it more often when I am extremely tired.I tried taking Calcium/Magnesium pills but not sure they work or at least not when i'm really tired. :?

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear Tugboat,

RLS is varied, each individual has their own unique RLS circumstances and treatment protocals.

It is very possible that your RLS is secondary to your knee problems. It is also very possible that it is more noticeable during the day in your circumstance.

Hopefully you have received some feed back in other areas of the discussion board. If not hopefully soon someone who has a similar situation will post a reply.

In the meantime it may be useful to read through the new to RLS sticky notes and learn more about RLS so you could discuss this with your doctor if the problem persists.

Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

TugBoat

RLS ??

Post by TugBoat »

Thanks ksxroads, I have been doing as much research as I can and am greatful to have found this avenue of information as well.

I guess my search for the answer still lies ahead but it sure helps to have someone along for the trip. :D

Post by Guest »

We could use a tugboat here, don't you know! So many of us are rowing this boat with Ms Becat stirring up hope on a daily basis, and well honestly a Tug Boat would be most welcome to help us with the journey!

Hope you decide to stick around and keep us informed of your progress.

Hazel