New found relief for my RLS

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
HM

New found relief for my RLS

Post by HM »

For many years stretch exercise was the only thing that seemed to help. But recently, I stopped using a Hydrocortisone 1% anal itch o/c medication that I had been using for decades and I've gotten 95% relief. Its been only 2 months since this happened so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its for real.

jumpyowl

You are lucky, HM

Post by jumpyowl »

I stopped three medications two of which I have used for long periods of times. Any one and they all could have resulted in the apperance of the RLS I have now. These medications:

short period of time: Hydrocodone (for pain)

long time: anti-hypertensive medication

long time: lorazepam (Ativan)

You are lucky, your RLS stopped when discontinuing hydrocortisone. It is also quite believable!

Would you care filling out a questionnaire and thereby entering our database? If so, then e-mail me please.
Jumpy Owl