More About Posting Rules

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
becat

More About Posting Rules

Post by becat »

Discussions and decisions about RLS treatment therapies is an individual choice. We invite and encourage the exchange of opinions about products that may impact quality of life. However, if you have a product or service that you would like to promote, we suggest that you limit your post to your personal experiences.

Any and all sales information, website and email addresses directing individuals to a specific consultant or supplier will be removed by moderators.

If we allowed commercial postings the discussion board would soon be filled with nothing but products and no room for support.
Remember that what's right or has worked for one person may not be what's right for you. Your personal set of circumstances will always influence what's best or right for you.

First and foremost, NEVER rely on information or opinions exchanged via the messages to replace necessary, personal consultation's with qualified health or medical professionals to meet your individual health or medical needs. Use good personal judgment when considering the benefits, risks and costs of personal choices that might impact your health, well-being or quality of life.

You must be a registered with the RLS Foundation's discussion board in order to post in this section.
Thank you The Moderators

pawddog

specifics in title helpful

Post by pawddog »

It would also be helpful if posters could mention the specific therapy
in the title of the post, rather than using generic phrases like, "try
this", "found something wonderful", "new herbal remedy", etc. I
find I keep reading the same posts over because I cannot remember
what each one was about due to the generic title given to it. If the
poster forgets to do this, it would be nice if the moderator could
add it to the title (in brackets or something to show it was added).
This way people wouldn't have to waste so much time just trying
to figure out what the person is talking about, or finding certain
ones that they want to reread.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You are so right! I'll add my own wish list - I wish everyone would try the "cure" for at least two months before they post about it. Or, at the least, post throughout the two months. SO many of us think something worked, but after a few days or weeks, decide it didn't.

I wish we had time to do the title thing - it would take us many unpaid hours, unfortunately, and I doubt any of us has time for that. If anyone wants to volunteer, we can give them temporary privileges :)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Xarla

Help Offered

Post by Xarla »

I'd be glad to volunteer my time to help out

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Xarla, you are my hero! If you're seriously interested, we can email privately and I can tell you the endless number of things that we need help with :-).

The titles are one. Another is to create one thread with links to each of the types of posts. There is an example in another section, one that I did. I'm guessing it took me about 5 to 10 total hours over the course of a couple weeks.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Dancing Donna

Re: Non-Pharm Posting Rules

Post by Dancing Donna »

If the word "cure" is used, it should always be in quotation marks, because we all know there is no "cure" for RLS, but lots of treatments to try. I am passionate about getting the fake "cures" off the internet and have done so to a few. Takes lots of work and perseverence, because all the snakeoil salesmen have an answer for everything, and they all sound the same. I also prefer that someone not post something that "WORKS" until they have been trying it for a few months , not a few days. As we all also know, RLS can go quiet, so a few days is no proof that something works, ( like a bar of soap) :o)

jakesmom

Re: Non-Pharm Posting Rules

Post by jakesmom »

Yeah, I so tried the bar of soap thing. :lol: