Calf massage

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
jimmy legs

Calf massage

Post by jimmy legs »

Has anybody ever tried a foot/calf massager from Sharper Image. I have been tempted to try but not sure if it would help calm my legs down. I tried it in the store, but my legs were not restless at the time. Any options out there?

Post by Guest »

Massage in any form seems to help some temporarily while experiencing RLS sensations. We have a massage chair and it has helped me. Some recliners have calf and foot massage capabilities... so any brand may provide temporary relief. I think most of us find that when we stop the massage the sensations return. Hazey

becat

Post by becat »

I loved the new chair at Sharper Image. It does the arms the legs thighs, and calves. Everything. WOW and all for about 5,000. bucks.
Yes, they do feel good, but it's all temporary. if I win the lotta someday (lol would have to play it first) then I'll buy us all one.
Love and hugs lynne

Jenne1950

Post by Jenne1950 »

Sorry, but I wouldn't buy a box of Kleenex from Sharper Image. I bought several articles from them, and each was defective. I'd be scared of a $5000 chair breaking down!
Jenny

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

I don't know the brand the physical therapy place had, but it was about $1500... and if seven bought at a time you didn't have to pay shipping! Alas it didn't do the arms... Yep and it is when we win the lottery! :lol: :lol: :lol: Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden