Acupuncture works for me

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Anonymous

Acupuncture works for me

Post by Anonymous »

Hello all,

I am newly registered to this site though I have been here for months, looking around.

I recently started going to an acupuncturist about my legs after failed attempts with iron, magnesium, calcium, quinine, drinking liters upon liters of water (which is good anyway), exercising to exhaustion and stretching to the point where a gymnast would be jealous. RLS has been a problem for me for 11 years.

But when I went to this acupuncturist in my final attempt to rid myself of this shaky quivery twitchy god-forsaken feeling, it worked. It took a few days but it did. I have slept like I haven't slept in years. I am so relieved and happy and hopefully this is the answer for myself.

I am sympathetic to anyone who has this condition, all the years of suffering, misdiagnosis by doctors, drugs and sleepless nights. I hope that you all find something that finally rids you of the aggravation of this disease. I am also angry at the miedical world, who seems to fbe able to find cures and genes that can help the most dreadful life taking diseases but seems not to put in the time or effort to help us, and instead dopes us up on muscle relaxers and lala land narcotics.

I have refused any of this medication because I don't believe they go to the root of the problem, they just conceal the symptoms.

To all of you the best wishes, and I will post here more often because I believe I have some newfound friends.

Hotep (peace) to all of you

Vanadis

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Also, if anyone here is in the United States and has certain health insurances, there is a 25% discount available to you if you would like to try acupuncture. I currently working for a health insurance company that contracts with health plans to provide this discount and if you need any assistance, please contact me.
Examples of these health insurances are CIGNA, certain Blue Cross Blue Shield companies, etc.

Vanadis

Lisaloo

Post by Lisaloo »

I'm glad to hear accupuncture is a possibility. I just have a question--did it take a bunch of treatments or just a few? And do you think you will have to keep getting treatments the rest of your life?

jennygirl531

accuncture

Post by jennygirl531 »

Hi...I've tried accupuncture once. Can't say it helped, but only because I didn't continue with it to see. However, at the time, the practictioner said that in his experience with rls and treating it, he usually found it to be a food allergy. I was just wondering what reason, if any, your practictioner might have given you for the condition and why treatment works for you?

Jenny