Absorbine Jr.

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Kami's mom

Absorbine Jr.

Post by Kami's mom »

Just curious if anyone has tried Absorbine Jr. My 14-year-old daughter has been using this on her legs for about 7 years and she said it helps the pain. (It doesn't make the pain go entirely away, but does minimize it.)

Kami's mom

Anonymous

Absorbine, Jr.

Post by Anonymous »

I tried it for a while and found the same thing as your daughter, though in my case I found myself having to constantly increase the application, and I realized I was eventually effectively burning my skin. That may not be the case for everyone, though, as I generally have a high tolerance for and adaptation to medication and substances of all kinds.