I do 'sewing maching legs' and it helps

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]

I do 'sewing maching legs' and it helps

Post by Guest »

This RLS is getting worse for me, and moreso for my wife.
I have found that if i spend 5 minutes before I get in bed bouncing my olegs up and down it really helps. I can move my feet to a certain position, toes on the floor, heels up, and my legs just start bobbing up and down on their own. It's actually amazing how strong this bouncing is. I have started putting weight on the legs as they bounce and it has helped.
I am new to this site and am going to try iron too.

Thiasearching

More info, please....

Post by Thiasearching »

You mean, you just stand on your toes, and then move up and down without touching your heels to the floor? Or, do you touch your heels to the floor before raising again (sorry, my legs kept me up all night last night!)

tl.47@comcast.net

leg exercises

Post by tl.47@comcast.net »

I also do leg exercises when the annoying twitching starts up. I walk in place for about 5 minutes and then rest to see if this has helped. If not I walk in place again. [/img]