Night Time Leg Calm ROCKS! I'm totally freaked out by this.

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
marywalker7890

Night Time Leg Calm ROCKS! I'm totally freaked out by this.

Post by marywalker7890 »

I can't believe this stuff worked. I bought it at 2 am (when I could not sleep of course), received it 3 days later and the first day (and every day since) it has worked! I thought I was throwing away my $15, but figured it was worth a try. And, $15 was less then I had spent on anything at this point in life. The website had a lot of testimonials and it came w/ a money back guarantee. So... I figured it was worth throwing my money at for a shot at some relief. Much to my suprise it's working. I'm pretty freaked out that it is to be honest with you, but it is..

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

sniff snifff sniffffffff................i smell a sales pitch.

dee :roll:
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

jep458

anyone tried it?

Post by jep458 »

Has anyone else tried this?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Well, we found out after this post that this person was posting different posts about this under aliases. . .most people are more straightforward if the product is above board. I can't promise it won't work, but the real truth is that RLS is a strange disorder. There is a really, really strong placebo effect that researchers notice, especially in the short term. People, even in studies of drugs, think the non-drug placebo is helping a LOT. But, over time, the RLS comes back just as much and the placebo stops working.

So, it might work. Just like lots of other things "sorta" work for some people. They all stop, eventually. Some people feel that short time is worth the price. Some don't.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

Night Time Leg Calm ROCKS! I'm totally freaked out by this

Post by ctravel12 »

Sometimes if it sounds too good it is. I know this happened to me when I first joined this site. I saw on the internet a pill (which I cannot remember the name now) but was suppose to cure rls. They even offered free samples.

Well I sent in for the free samples and that was in June - as of today never received them. That does not say too much for the product.
Last edited by ctravel12 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Eric1056

My Non Phariceutical Therapy

Post by Eric1056 »

I've tried quite a few types of reliefs for the symptoms for RLS. since my form of RLS doesn't coincide with activities or rest. I have tried a product from CVS pharmacies (store brand) called "Arthricream Rub". It gives me relief when my meds don't work or are less than adequite. Also a product called Atomic Balm which is extremely hot on the skin and MUST be bufferd with a pre-applied barrier/buffer agent, I use Mennan Deodorant then apply the balm. But both the rub and balm DO NOT WORK together. I'm not really sure where it can be bought as I received from a friend who works for a sports trainer.
May the Peace of G_d be with you always.

StefanieC

Post by StefanieC »

This oil has helped me!

debkenny

Post by debkenny »

I've been using this stuff for months now, and it is still working fantastic for me. I have been off of my Klonipin and Requip since I started using it, and I feel better than I have in years. I've tried quite a few other essential oils sold by this company, and haven't had one of them not work yet.
Don't knock it till you've tried it. Different things work for different people. Raining on everyone's parade doesn't work for anyone!

Aff

Post by Aff »

i've bought some.

At present though i am back to using my guaranteed method taken right before bed which is not for everyone and has been discussed elsewhere.

however, i did try it when i had a bout come on whilst watching tv. i was almost happy my rls had started because i had a chance analyse the result as it happened.

i rubbed in the oil as soon as i felt my rls. and it did indeed soften the rls. not totally, but a fair bit.

so with this i am waiting until work gets a little less stressful then i will quit my current drug of choice again. unfortunately this means lack of sleep for some weeks as a mild withdrawal sets in and at the moment work is too busy to deal with the tiredness from not sleeping (i remember my painful two months after i gave up at xmas).

but i am anxious to give this oil a better run and see what it can do. will advise when i do.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

This oil didn't work for me, is it possible to use it incorrectly??
Betty

becat

Post by becat »

Betty don't blame your body on this one.

I use alternative products, but I also use my medications. Medications don't always work 100%, what with weather and stress for me.

Most of what is going to pop up and have popped up in the last year are long shots for many of us on the board.
There is always someone going to try to sell us a book or a magic something that low and behold, it is just right for us RLSers.

I would think that it more depends on what level your RLS has already gotten to, as to what alternatives will do for you.

EX: my feet burn unless I stay on my magnesium and that works for my burning feet.
However, the pain and pulling in my legs, magnesium does nothing for it, so I use my meds..

You did what most of us have done and you tried, but don't blame your self at all. I want to believe that something will truly work as well.....My mother keeps trying to buy all of these products, I must say I've tried more than a few.
It's just not cool for people to use us as prey. If we made up a medical problem and launched it into today press, within a month some new wonder stuff would have been made to cure us all.
:roll:
Hang in there Betty, I'm sure you did use it right and your not the problem.
Hugs
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Very well said, Lynne. If one thing worked for all of us, we wouldn't be here. Also, there is a HUGE placebo effect with RLS (which is probably why some people don't take us seriously).

Dr Buchfurer has noted this more than once. For some reason, RLS is highly influenced by what we think. And, for some of us, if we think the oil will work, it will. So, good for those people. It doesn't mean is did anything to our bodies, though, so a person without that placebo response would get no improvement.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ray

Post by ray »

If you go to the main website you will see that you can sign up as a "sales person" for this miracle (cough) cure. You get your own website to direct people to and then on top of "offering" you a 20% discount THEY get an additional 20% for selling it!

So.....If you can come on a forum (like this one) and get 100 people to try the oil then you get $300 dollars. I'm sure this isn't happening here though :roll:
Last edited by ray on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ray

Post by ray »

From the Website:

When you sign up to participate in our Wellness Home Distribution Program, you will be issued your very own website and personal discount code. Click here to see an example. When you direct your customers to your site, they will get a 20% discount from their entire order, and you will receive a 20% commission from the sales. It’s a win-win situation!

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

betty bankin wrote:This oil didn't work for me, is it possible to use it incorrectly??
Betty

I think the real question is whether it's possible to use it correctly.

See what ray said.

I think the Night Time Leg Calm posts should start getting tossed out with all the other spam.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.