TRY IVORY SOAP IT WORKS WONDERS

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Stefanie

TRY IVORY SOAP IT WORKS WONDERS

Post by Stefanie »

I was wondering if anyone has tried using IVORY SOAP? Yes Ivory Soap in bar form seems to work wonders for my RLS, I break a bar in half and place it at the bottom of my bed and with in minutes the tingly feeling disapears as well as when I am sitting down I place small pieces of Ivory Soap in my socks behind my calves which also takes the creepy feelings away. This has also worked for my Step Mother as well as for my Paternal Grandmother which also suffer from RLS. I just wanted to share this with you all it gives you another option to medications.
Stefanie

becat

Post by becat »

Hi and Welcome Stefanie,
I'm so glad the soap works so well for you, it does for me with any muscle cramping, but not so much my RLS symptoms. However, I still keep 2-3 bars in bed with me and one in my purse, just in case.
Soap is one trick that many people have tried and Lord knows we have talked about here, lol. But it does work for everyone, but so glad it does for you.
Many in my family use this trick and it's kinds funny, but hey whatever it takes, right?
If someone tries it and it doesn't work, I say shower with it the next morning and move on to the next idea. LOL
Welcome and have a great day.
Lynne

ctravel12

try ivory soap it works wonders

Post by ctravel12 »

Welcome Stephanie
I am so glad that the ivory soap works for you and your family. Thank you for sharing this with us. You know things like this is great to post as it may help other members, and if not please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.

It is always good to hear good news.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i wish it did help me, shoot i think i would eat it if it would make this stuff go away :D

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I found Requip 2mg good for a couple of weeks. Now still not so bad, but would have some difficult nights. Tried biting off a little piece of the tablet at about 8.30 pm (about a third of a pill), then at 10.30pm taking the rest together with 300mg magnesium for burning feet. Don't know if the magnesium is working re burning feet, may be just a good spell. Spreading the dose of the requip seems to help with the early evening twitches.
However, I am going on a long flight journey - 10 hours, and have already pre-booked an aisle seat. I normally take my requip in the evening, would it be OK to take an extra 2mg, say at the start of the longest part of the journey at 10 am, this is the 10 hour flight. Anyone have any ideas ??? Help !!! thanks Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

By the way, just put two bars of soap under my mattress. Here's hoping.
Betty
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

janisgilpin

Post by janisgilpin »

wow i never heard anything about soap making you feel better whats the magic trick??
janis gilpin in the big o

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

This is one that I can never figure out. Some people say it gives your restless little feet something to play with. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me!

Susan

Hurty

Post by Hurty »

so does that mean that Caress won't work then...is it only Ivory!?

:lol:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Try any. In the original articles by Dr Gott, he mentions a couple of brands not to use, but...

No one here that I know of has had continual relief of any degree using this over time. Lots of people said it worked for a night or two, or even a few weeks, but rls is variable for many of us to begin with. That said, it can't hurt most of us unless you are sensitive to chemical smells.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

dipstick

Post by dipstick »

What is Ivory Soap please.. I am in the UK>

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Just a bar of soap - you can try any brand. Many of us have tried it and it doesn't seem to work, but there are a few people who really swear by it. Just put a bar of soap at the foot of your bed, under your sheets.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

dipstick

Post by dipstick »

is it that particular soap.. or will any soap do.. we don't have ivory soap in the uk you see.. so if it is a particular ingredient in the soap I can see which UK soap contains it?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi there, I'm in the UK also. I think I saw in a thread not to use Dove soap, don't know why. But I did it, and used Dove cos it was all I had at the time. I thought it might have helped tho it could be placebo effect. Felt a bit daft doing it and didn't mention to hubby, who got a bit of a shock and wondered what it was landed at his feet when he 'made up the bed' one morning!! :roll:
good luck, nothing to lose Betty
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Dipstick, any brand. There are some people who say one or another doesn't work, but I'd just try anything.

Managing Your RLS