Do Weather trigger RLS?

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
haydee

Do Weather trigger RLS?

Post by haydee »

I have been controlling my RLS with vitamin E and Calcium, plus daily exercise, and had good results, but I went for holidays and my routine changed bringing back the RLS not only at night but for the whole day. At the same time the weather conditions have changed dramatically, it is very cold and wet, so I was wondering if this change of weather is affecting me too.
I have noticed during summer that it gets worse, but it has never happened to me with the cold.
Thanks for your feedback.

janisgilpin

Post by janisgilpin »

hi i live in minnesota and the cold seems to make my legs worse janis
janis gilpin in the big o

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hey Janis, I'm in Minnesota, too, near St. Paul...

I've noticed that changes in weather, like low pressure systems make my knee injuries worse and my RLS and leg pain worse. And since the weather changes constantly here, well, I notice the worsening a lot.

Susan

LoneCrow

Post by LoneCrow »

I've noticed a difference between weather and the onset of it. It comes and goes but lately is has come and never left. But it seems worse in wet warm areas. Possibly this could be stimulated by some sort of allergic reaction.