Keeping moving at work...

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
SquirmingSusan

Keeping moving at work...

Post by SquirmingSusan »

My husband has a boss at work who has some kind of thing going on where he decided he needs more exercise or has a problem sitting still. They've been working on getting him a treadmill with a built-in computer stand. That way he can walk on his treadmill while doing his computer work. Apparently those things exist. :wink:

My dh has a history of back problems, and we've discovered, from both of us having had physical therapy for back problems, that those exercise balls are great. And they work well for sitting at the computer. He hasn't had a regular chair at work for years, just the ball. Yeah, they explode sooner or later, and send you to the floor, but they're fairly cheap. And you can sit and bounce while you do desk jobs. :lol: They actually make an office chair with a built in exercise ball, but you're still stuck in one place with those things. With just an exercise ball, you can move around a bit.

I don't know why I just thought of those things, but if you have a hard time sitting still, there's some ideas.

Susan