Supplement helped my RLS:

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
Ridgerunner

Supplement helped my RLS:

Post by Ridgerunner »

Hi all. It has been awhile since I last posted. I guess it is because I have found what worked for me (methadone) and feel that opiates are the safest and often most effective drugs to take for RLS. I just get frustrated that docs won’t prescribe them very often. I have now found a liquid multi-vitamin/mineral supplement with whole food extracts that has helped me discontinue daily methadone and may also help others whom cannot get relief.

I still take methadone as needed which is only 1-2 times per week. Some might wonder why I would want to stop methadone (it really worked quite well) but as an RN I have developed a deep distrust towards the pharmaceutical companies and I would rather let nature heal and keep my body functioning well.

To start, my brother and dad drove out of state to a wrestling event where they were handing out 1oz samples of this liquid multi-vitamin/mineral whole food supplement called VIBE by Eniva, a company out of Minnesota doing business for 8 years. They tried the product and they felt that it gave them energy or some kind of a boost. My brother then started with the company and got 32oz bottles of this VIBE product for me our parents cousins etc. Actually, they did not let me in on this product until they had been trying it for a week or so.

So, my brother and mom call me on the same day claiming this and that and how good this supplement is. I am skeptical of their claims and attribute much of what they are telling me to the placebo effect. My mom gave me a bottle for free to try because I was telling her I was happy with a product I was taking from Nature’s Plus that I felt was great. So my wife and I tried it. 1 bottle lasted a week between the 2 of us taking it (32oz bottle with 1-2oz per day per person). My wife has never been able to take vitamins because she winds up in urgent care or the ER with kidney stones so I was impressed that she was able to take VIBE.

My wife noticed an increase in her energy and I noticed she is not needing to take naps after work and on the weekends. I took a liquid Magnesium supplement (by Eniva) with VIBE and after 2-3 weeks I noticed that instead of taking my methadone at 3-5pm I was not needing to take it until bedtime and even then just as a formality. I finally just tapered off (I was taking 5mg/day) of the methadone and now rarely need to take it. With all of the classes I took for RN I understand why this product is different. Instead of telling you about it I will just put a link to my website so you can research for yourself http://www.enivamembers.com/vibern and contact me for questions. There is a contact button on the top right of the page.

The basics of this product is that it is manufactured by the Eniva co. as stated above. It is sold by members via MLM which is something that I am not a very big fan of. If you only want to take the product and not try to make a business of it then you do not have to promote this product. However, with the results you will likely see you will want to tell those nearest and dearest to you about what a great product it is, it sells itself once people see the results for themselves. The product is not cheap, the best price I can get a bottle (32oz) of VIBE is for $40.00 and for 1 person at 2oz per day that is 2 bottles per month or $80.00. The Magnesium supplement is cheaper at $20.00 for a months supply. Now, my brother has signed up so many of our family that he gets commission checks back from Eniva and it is paying for what he uses and then some.

Testimonials are hard to find as Eniva does not like people claiming that their products cure or treat any diseases. I am not claiming to be cured either, just helped and others in my family that have no reason to lie to me about what it has done for them have been helped. I hope this product can help some of my fellow RLS sufferers whom read this. I can get a bottle of this stuff to you in 2-3 days or I can send some samples to some f you to try but obviously I cannot dish out samples left and right to everyone although I wish I could. Contact me via this website and let me know if you have questions o want to try it http://www.enivamembers.com/vibern Below is a summary of the ingredients. Also, you do not urinate neon yellow with this product, it is absorbed so fully by the body.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Fluid Ounce
Servings Per Container (VIBE Bottle): 32
Amount Per
Serving %
Daily
Value
Calories 30 *
Total Carbohydrate 6 g 2%
Sugars 4 g †
Vitamin A 2,000 IU 40%
Vitamin C 120 mg 200%
Vitamin D 500 IU 125%
Vitamin E 30 IU 100%
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 1.5 mg 100%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 1.7 mg 100%
Niacin 16 mg 80%
Vitamin B6 2 mg 100%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 12 mcg 200%
Biotin 300 mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid 10 mg 100%
Calcium 100 mg 10%
Phosphorus 20 mg 2%
Iodine 150 mcg 100%
Magnesium 150 mg 38%
Zinc 5 mg 33%
Selenium 25 mcg 36%
Copper 0.5 mg 25%
Manganese 1.8 mg 90%
Chromium 120 mcg 100%
Potassium 175 mg 5%

Proprietary Trace Mineral Blend 37 mg †
Boron, Germanium, Strontium, Sulfur, Nickel, Cobalt, Vanadium

AntiOX2® Proprietary Blend 6,500 mg †
Natural Extracts: Acai Berry, Cranberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Cherry, Carrot, Elderberry, Hibiscus (flower), Lemon, Lime, Apple, Blackcurrant, Oregano, Choke berry, Grape, Pumpkin, Tomato, Pomegranate, Wolf berry, Stevia (leaf), Grape Seed; Citrus Bioflavonoids

HeartPROTM Proprietary Blend 280 mg †
D-Ribose, CoQ10, L-Carnitine, Malic Acid, Isolated Lecithin, Mixed Tocopherols

CollaMAX® Proprietary Blend 3,500 mg †
Green Tea Leaf Extract (water decaffeinated), L-Lysine, L-Proline, Aloe Vera Gel, Glucosamine HCl (vegetable), Glycine, Alanine, Valine, Isoleucine, Leucine

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Last edited by Ridgerunner on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks, Ridgerunner. I appreciate your honesty about it.

How long have you been taking it? I may have missed it - sorry if I did.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner »

I am just over a month into taking it. The gal who signed my brother up to be a distributor wondered why he was ordering the magnesium supplement for me so he said RLS. She then said how a relative, I think her sister took it (VIBE) for 3 weeks and had enough of an improvement to mention it to her. She did not say this to get me to order the mag, she said it after the order was placed so I know it is helping others with RLS.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner »

It is 1:30 AM and I am up and needed to take some of my methadone (I also took my supplements too). I tried to experiment by not taking the Vibe or the magnesium supplement at all today and now here I am up typing when I should be asleep.

It has been a long time since I was awoken with RLS pain and sensations and needed to take something. I really think that there is something to this stuff. My cost on a bottle of Vibe is $40.00(15 day suply) and a bottle of Blackberry flavored Magnesium is $26.95 (months supply). If anyone out there wants to give this stuff an honest try so I can at least validate what I am seeing/feeling in the way of results please contact me or post back. I can send this stuff out to whomever wants to try it and report back with results, I won't even charge for the shpping.

If I had only known about this stuff back when I was strugling to get a Dr. to listen to me, as sick of all of it as I was I may not have had to go to one. I realize that this stuff is not cheap especially compared to just takng my methadone ($5.00 for a month) but I prefer to use nature when possible.

ctravel12

supplement helped my rls:

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Ridgerunner Thank you for sharing this with us and am so glad you are finding relief and hope that it continues.

Have a nice day and a restful evening.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time