LIFE WITH RLS new questionnaire is on-line and accessible

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
jumpyowl

LIFE WITH RLS new questionnaire is on-line and accessible

Post by jumpyowl »

The new questionnaire is entitled:

LIFE WITH RLS

is now ready! Please visit:

www.thomasholly.net/survey/rlssurvey.aspx

CAVEAT! There are various safe guards built into the web page to prevent abuse and make the data safer and more reliable.

At the start you will have several chances to read the long introduction/background on the survey or go directly to the survey.

Once you start the survey, you will not be able to proceed to the next page unless you answer all the questions required. If you are unable to proceed scroll through the section again and see whether there is a red lettered warning reminding you to answer the omitted queries. You can always go back and check or correct you answers.

However, once you press the submit button, the survey disappears and you will not be able to complete another one and submit it.

In the following post I will quote from the introduction and background of the survey web site.

I hope we will receive lots of submission. Herewith I gratefully thank Nadia, my son Tom, and my daughter Gloria to have made this questionnaire a reality

Sara

Re: new survey

Post by Sara »

[size=24][/size][color=olive][/color]HOORAY, JUMPY!!!!!

[size=12][/size]Hi, Jumpy! I went and completed it already. Congratulations (and to Nadia, Tom and Gloria, too!!!), it's really GREAT!

Everyone else, if you've not gone and done it...it's VERY much quicker and easier to fill out. PLEASE take the time to go and do it. I think it only took me 10 minutes (but I didn't have meds to list and didn't add a lot of addtional comments.)

The only "glitch" for me was that I had to lie about my physician because there was no "none", and it wouldn't let me advance without putting some kind of doctor as most helpful. Other than that, it worked PERFECTLY!

Big hugs to you and your helpers, Jumpy!! :D

Sara

Twitchy Canadian

survey

Post by Twitchy Canadian »

I ditto that too Jumpy! Excellent job to all and much easier than the other one.

I also completed it in about 10 minutes....there's no excuse now for not doing one.... :wink:
Twitchy Canadian

BIO: FORUM INDEX-> NEW TO RLS->NEWMEMBERS AND CURRENT MEMBERS PLEASE HELP-> PAGE 2

jumpyowl

Thank you ladies!

Post by jumpyowl »

Early birds get the worms! Now that does not sound too apetizing!

Thank you for your reply. Sarah, you are right. There are lucky people who never end up at a doctor or in situation similar to yours. Are you coming to Long Beach? I will correct your answer in the database to none!

Can you see why the color and the size did not work? You can still edit it, if you want to:

[size=18] TEXT YOU WANT TO SHOW ENLARGED [/size I left the last ] so you will see what I did.

THE REQUEST HAS TO BE ALWAYS CLOSED WITH [/whatever]

Also Twitchy Canadian! My daughter was working on your old questionnaire when I read your post. We still will complete the old study and the compare the results with the new study.

I received a very nice note from a Canadian Support Group Leader: I quote:
Dear Dr. Holly:

My support group meeting was held on Oct. 2nd with requests to attendees to complete the questionnaire and return it to you. Hopefully you will get a few responses.

I am looking forward to the presentation in Long Beach,

Sincerely,

X.Y.

and I am unable to read her e-mail address, sounds like tehis.net?

So I could not thank her. I hope to meet her at Long Beach, though!!!
Jumpy Owl

Sara

Post by Sara »

Jumpy--

I won't be able to attend down at Long Beach, but I'll be sending good vibes your way when you're there!

Thanks for double-checking my doctor answer. I did add an "other" that said I hadn't consulted one yet, as you'll see.

Someone else mentioned the primary and can't think... it isn't secondary is it? Think it's something else. Anyway, I don't recall completing that part of the questionnaire. You have lots of info for me frm the old one, and of course, mine's probably definitely hereditary, not caused by some other ailment. So if you could double-check that, too, honey, I'd appreciate it. That wasn't the place where it listed all the possible causes, was it? Can't recall... morning was SOOOOOO long ago. :wink:

Sara

jumpyowl

Thanks!

Post by jumpyowl »

Will do Sara! I liked the honey part! :)

I thought you yankees are void of emotions. :wink:

Just kidding!!!!!!!
Jumpy Owl

Sara

Post by Sara »

No offense taken, Jumpy. Actually I lived a couple of years in the South during my "formative" years, and lots of people say it seems to have stuck with me.

Even after living the greatest percentage of my life in California (where we have NO accent, let me remind you all! :lol: ), people will periodically ask me... "Where are you from?"

I was also a waitress for one summer during college...that might also account for all the "honey"s and "sweetie"s in my vocabulary. I know I got more tips than any other waitress in the restaurant. :wink:

Sara :D

jan3213

New questionnaire

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Jumpy, it's Jan

I've got to tell you--that new questionnaire is GREAT!! I didn't think I'd have time to finish it before I left for St. Louis yesterday, but I did--hope you got my latest PM. Thanks for your good wishes, BTW. Things went great!! Anyway, wanted to thank you for all your hard work and to let you know, in case you DIDN'T that I did get the questionnaire finished yesterday (10/12) before I left. Sara's absolutely right, it took no time at all and was very well done!! I really wish I could attend the meeting and meet all of you and just BE THERE to be part of this great effort!!! But, unfortunately, I can't. I'll be there in spirit, though. As I said before, with my husband finishing his master's program, and other things going on in our lives right now, it's just not a possibility, but, oh how I wish it was!!! I know those of you who are attending will be great representataives for the rest of us!!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

jumpyowl

Hello Jan:

Post by jumpyowl »

With my OUTLOOK crashing, I am in deep doo doo. Now it is showing up at the yahoo mail. It appears to be a new virus. This morning the whole computer crashed. Luckily I could revive it. So I am unable to reply partly because either because I did not get it, or could not answer. or being so busy and pooped I missed it.

Thanks for posting it, though! If I want to be completely candid I am also not up to par due to changes in medication which I hate but do them anyway.
Jumpy Owl

jan3213

JAN'S PM

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Jumpy, it's Jan

Don't worry about replying, Jumpy. Sorry about your computer!!! And, I can imagine how tired you are. I just sent you an email telling you what a nice man you are! See--you missed out on a compliment from me!!! Ha!!! Hope everything's going okay. I also wanted you to know what a good job you have done on the questionnaire! GOOD JOB!!!

Talk to you later!!!

Hope you get that darn computer fixed. Know that would drive ME crazy!!! But, then again, I HAVE NO PATIENCE!!! Ha!!!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.