Are these really the top 3 non-pharmaceutical treatments???

Please share your experiences, successes, and failures in using non-drug therapies for RLS/WED (methods of relief that don't involve swallowing or injecting anything), including compression, heat, light, stretches, acupuncture, etc. Also under this heading, medical interventions that don't involve the administration of a medicine to the body (eg. varicose-vein operations, deep-brain stimulation). [This forum contains Topics started prior to 2009 that deal with Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, & Diet.]
ctravel12

Are these really the top 3 non-pharmaceutical treatments?

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Aff and welcome again. I have been reading your posts and it seems that this product is not giving you any relief.

Have you seen a dr for your rls? I am just concerned as I do not want you to be miserable. I know alot of people do not have to take meds and that is wonderful. However, I am not in that category.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing and please if you are not doing any better try and find a good neurologist/dr who has knowledge of rls.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Aff

Post by Aff »

hi ctravel, thanks for your concern and tbh it is a problem but i am learning to accomodate it since new year. i spend half the week in the spare room, it's not ideal but half the problem is trying to stay still in bed trying not to disturb g/f. if i sleep alone it's just not so bad.

we all know, staying still on demand is not possible. ever!!! but as i hear the disorder is progressive so who knows how much worse it can get.

anyway, i've seen the doc and he said prescription drugs are the only possibility for sufferers but i'm not ready for them yet. i want to try every possibility before i go down that route.

some people get relief from all sorts of things, maybe i'll be one of the lucky ones :)

at present i have magnesium and fight it for a few days a week, herbal sleeping tabels (valerina) on another one, a proper sleeping tablet on another and maybe a joint on one night.

as long as i'm not reliant on anything i'm happy right now.

ps. i was with my 65 yr old auntie and uncle the other day and mentioned my problem and they said 'ooh, we get that' and their friend, 72 years old said 'so do i'. they call it 'the fidgets'. it's amazing how many people probably have this and just pass it off them as being a terrible sleeper.

ctravel12

are these really the top 3 non-pharmaceutial treatments???

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Aff you are more than welcome. I really hope that you do not have to take meds as that would be wonderful.

Just keep us posted on how you are doing. It is so true about saying alot of people just pass it off as being horrible sleepers.

I myself have had rls for 20+ years and in the beginning I was always told "Can't you sit still". :(

Until about 8 yrs ago, I really did not know what it was that I had. In the beginning they were just restless but could sleep, then all of sudden it was restless, painful and could not sleep and that lasted for about 4 yrs and then I suddenly decided that it was time to see a dr. Being sleep deprived is one of the most miserable thing that can happen to anyone. I hope that you are able to get your proper sleep.

I finally got the right meds as my rls is under control and hope that it stays that way.

Again, good luck to you and hope all goes well with you.

Have a great day and restful evening.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time